"Perfect Love"

A/N: HAPPY MACGYVER FRIDAY! 🖇🖇🖇It's been forever since I could say that! I am so excited for the new season! ❤️ Anyway, as you can see, I am still trying to get caught up on requests, and this one comes from Angelica_Cali_1990 (Thank you, and I hope it's what you were looking for!) Warm wishes to all of you! 😊
(The song is by Trisha Yearwood)
Rating: Everyone

***

"Mac, where did we put that gaudy centerpiece that my mother gave us for our anniversary?" you ask him while shuffling through the hall closet in a frenzy.

"We still have that thing?" he questions from down the hall.

"I hope so," you stress. "Because, if we don't find it and put it out, she's most definitely going to notice. She'll think we don't like it."

"We don't."

"But, she can't know that."

You're frantically running around the house, picking up dirty spit-up rags and baby bottles while doing your best to straighten up the place.

"Good news is that the kitchen is clean," Mac announces.

"Thank you, babe!" You give him a quick kiss in gratitude. "You're a life saver."

Trying to organize your to-do list, you come to a stop by the front door. You tilt your head at your view. "Umm, Mac, you know I love you and this house is just as much yours as it is mine, but my mother is going to hate the huge stuffed polar bear. Is there any way you can... move it?"

He meets you, taking it in. "Yeah, you're right. I don't need another reason for her to hate me."

"She does not hate you," you assure him.

"Well, she certainly doesn't love me."

"Babe, don't take it personally. We've spent all morning cleaning this house, and I guarantee she'll find something to criticize because that's exactly what she does best."

"Hey, deep breath," he calms you. "It'll be fine. It's only a few days."

You nod, trying to convince yourself he's right.

Then, you hear a wailing cry from the nursery. "Well, that nap didn't last long."

Walking into the baby's room, your two-week old son fusses, woken from his short snooze.

"Come here, little man." You pick him up and rock him gently. "You can just sense something  big coming, can't you? Let's get you ready for grandma and grandpa. But, something tells me that you should be glad you won't ever remember this day."

***

"When you look at me the way you do, I can't help but look right back at you. Yeah, this is a perfect love. We're doing nothing but what a perfect love does."

Later, it's almost time for your parents to arrive. This will be the first time in a while that your parents have visited you in LA, and it's the very first time they're going to meet their grandson.

You pull Mac aside, taking his hand. "Mac, I just want to say that, no matter what they say to you, I love you and that's all that matters. I know they can be... a lot. But, please don't let them get into your head."

The moment is cut short when the doorbell rings, and you both take a deep breath.

You swing the door open and smile. "Mom."

"Ah darling!" She pulls you in for a hug, kissing you on the cheek. "You look wonderful." When she lets go of you, she looks sternly in Mac's direction. "Angus."