"Steal My Love"

A/N: Hey everybody! I hope this world is treating you well. Huge thank you to BumblebeeGirlz26 for sending me this story request. It was fun to write, and it was the perfect idea to pair with this new D+S song! I hope you like it! 💛
Song: "Steal My Love" by Dan and Shay
Rating: Everyone

***Mac's POV***

"Can't take my eyes off you even if I wanted to. I swear I'm staring at heaven. Holding you here tonight, watching all the stars align, I wanna stay for forever."

It's about ten in the morning, and I'm already dragging as Bozer and I walk back from the gym. I don't know why I let him convince me to get up early to workout together or why I agreed to walk all the way there and back. But, here we are.

Although, part of my exhaustion is likely due to the fact that Bozer has not let up on his badgering me from the moment we left.

"Come on, Mac! Tell me what you've been hiding!"

"Who says I've been hiding something?" I wonder, doing my best to feign innocence.

"It's written all over your face. You've been so weird the past few weeks, and I know you're keeping a secret. Remember, I've known you since we were little."

I roll my eyes before sighing into submission. Then, I reluctantly reach into my gym bag where I've been keeping my secret. I pull out a small black satin box, pausing along the sidewalk with a grin. He looks down at the tiny jewelry box and raises his eyebrows, stopping in his tracks. There's no doubt he knows what's inside, but the look on his face says he needs to see it to have proof. So, I lift the lid to reveal a delicately placed diamond ring.

He gasps. "Ah! Finally! You're going to propose to Y/N?!"

I nod, grinning from ear to ear.

He slaps me playfully on the shoulder, bubbling with more excitement than even I am. "Aw yeah! My best friend's getting married! Dude, do you ever sit back and realize that we've actually become real adults?"

"We're thirty, Boz. I think it's about time," I tease.

"I know, but it's kinda like, until now, we've been kids. We're talking about marriage - a lifetime commitment. You're about to be a real man." Bozer continues to admire the ring, and I only hope Y/N will have just half of his reaction. "Ah. I think I'm gonna cry."

With a chuckle, I close the lid, placing the box back in my bag before Bozer decides to keep it for himself. "Y/N's mom gave me her grandmother's ring when I went asking for her blessing. She said Y/N always wanted it. So, I took the diamond from it and made the band myself."

"That's so.... you," Bozer laughs. "But, why do you keep it in your gym bag?"

"Because it's the only place Y/N won't go prying. I want it to be a total surprise when I ask."

"Lord knows she's not an easy woman to surprise."

"You're telling me."

When we reach the front door of my house, Bozer is still beaming, and I'm flying much lighter from the sheer fact that I've finally told someone about my plans to propose.

"Want some breakfast?" I ask as I turn the knob.

"Sure."

"You have to promise not to act weird or say anything to Y/N."

"I promise. Cross my heart."

But, that's the least of my worries when I open the door, and Bozer and I stop in our tracks.