"Changes"

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well! I had requests from americamendler and i_meli_r to do a second part to "Different." I also got this song request from Lilianasfood007 So, I combined those ALL together, and this is what I got.

We are getting close to the holiday season, and I don't know about you all, but I could definitely use a little holiday happiness. So, with Thanksgiving just around the corner here in America, I thought I would bring you all a little festivity. I hope you all enjoy it! 😊🦃🍂

P.S. Who's excited?! MacGyver season 5 officially starts December 4th!!!! YAY! 🥳❤️

Song: "Changes" by xxxtentacion
Rating: Everyone

***Several months later***

"So, that brings the count to eight pumpkin, six apple, five pecan, and two mince meat," you tally the numbers off on your note pad. "Does anyone even eat mince meat pie anymore?"

"It's an acquired taste," your gran confirms. "Okay, this group goes to the senior center," she points to the stack of pies boxed up on the counter. "These go to the families at the military base," she gestures to the group on the other end of the counter. "And these go to the homeless shelter," she affirms while pointing to the kitchen table.

"There's one last apple pie over here," you tell her, rechecking your list. It must have gotten missed sitting by itself.

"That one is for us."

"Ahhh, I like the way you think."

You grab a knife and pie server from the drawer, cutting two generous pieces and placing them on plates. You hand one to Gran, and you both have a seat at the dining room table.

Gran lets out a long, comfortable sigh.

You roll your stiff shoulders. "Who knew baking could be so strenuous?"

"But, it feels good to do something kind for others. Everyone deserves a happy Thanksgiving, and that's what the holiday is about after all... giving to others and being thankful for the ones you have."

"I couldn't have said it better myself," you affirm.

But, you can't ignore the sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. You swirl your fork on your plate absentmindedly. You can practically feel Gran's eyes bearing into your soul.

"Honey, talk to me. What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Y/N, you know you can't lie to me." She places her fork on the table, turning her full attention to you and lifting your chin to meet her eyes. "I know Thanksgiving has always been hard for you..."

She's right. The holidays have never felt the same since your parents passed.

"...But, you're acting particularly frustrated about something."

You bite your lip, fighting your thoughts.

"Mmm, baby, I don't understand this."

Finally, you submit, "It's Mac. He's been acting weird lately."

"How so?"

"He's away all the time for work, and he hardly even texts or calls me when he's gone. Then, when he comes back, he acts so distant and preoccupied. But, then when I ask him about it, he just changes the subject. He's... I don't know... he seems different."