"In Love Again"

A/N: Hello again! Thank you to RitchelleC for this story idea. The lyrics are from the song "In Love Again" by Colbie Caillat. I hope you
like it! 😊
Rating: Everyone

***

It's been ten years since you graduated high school. I shouldn't even be going to this, you think to yourself as you hold two outfits up in front of yourself, staring in the mirror with an unamused look. You didn't even like high school that much.

Your mind is trying to talk you out of it, even though you have already flown half way across the country to Mission City, your hometown, for your class reunion. You let out a loud groan and decide to give yourself a mini pep talk, "Come on, Y/N, you're overthinking it. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. You are a successful, independent woman." You look straight at your reflection in your hotel mirror, taking a deep, determined breath, "Get it together. You got this."

***

Collecting yourself, you stand in front of the familiar double doors that lead to the gymnasium of your old high school. Walking in, the nostalgia hits as you scan the room, noticing several familiar faces. After a few uncomfortable moments pass, your eyes finally land on one person in particular, and you smile.

You rush over to the man who is standing by a table filled with drinks, facing the opposite direction. Without him noticing, you sneak up beside him whispering, "Well, well, well, fancy seeing you here." You grin as the man turns in your direction. He instantly smiles when he sees it's you standing next to him.

"Y/N!" He exclaims, going in for a hug.

"Boz!!! It's so good to see you!," you reply cheerfully. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Yeah, I know. So, how are you? Are you sick of the East coast yet?" He winks playfully.

"I'm good. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss home sometimes." Your excited affect falters a bit.

Bozer notices and lightly nods. "Well, things have definitely changed since high school, for all of us," he gives you a side eye, and you know what he's alluding to.

"Speaking of," you sigh glancing down at the floor and clearing your throat out of nervous habit, "How's Mac?"

"You can ask him yourself. He's here."

Your eyes go wide. "He's, um, he's here? Now?"

"Yep. Right over there." Bozer points to the other end of the gym, and through the crowd of people you can just make out a figure. There he stands: Angus MacGyver. Your ex-boyfriend. Your high school sweetheart. And, it just so happens, the first man you ever loved.

You gulp before continuing, "I don't know. I'm sure he probably doesn't want to talk to me." Y/N, learn how to build some nerve, girl, your inner voice echos. With that, you glance back to where Mac was standing just a second ago, except he isn't there anymore. Your eyes scan the rest of the room but stop when you hear a voice behind you.

"Y/N?"

It's been years since you've heard that voice, but even now it can easily set your heart on fire. Turning toward his direction you finally can see him up close, and he looks even better than you remember. Although, people do tend to change after so many years. After all, the last time you saw each other you were both eighteen. His features are more grown-up, sharper, and even more handsome. "Mac. It's really good to see you," you say sincerely.

"Yeah, you too. I'm surprised you're even here."

You nod. "Yeah, well, to be honest I almost didn't come. But, I guess maybe I was looking for an excuse to come back. This is my home after all."