"Craving You"

A/N: Hello to all my fellow Wattpadders! Thank you so much to MidnightCheyenne for requesting this song and story synopsis. When I got the request, I realized it would fit well as a  sequel to my "Criminal Minds" crossover (titled "Nobody Gotta Know"). So, I hope you like how I combined them! Thanks for reading! 📖 😊
Rating: Suggests some mature content
Song: "Craving You" by Thomas Rhett ft. Marren Morris
***Also inspired by the season 4 premiere episode (I don't take credit for those plot points) So, there could be some potential spoilers!!!***

***

It's a frigid evening in DC as the icy breeze whips across your face while you walk through the streets to your town house. You're bundled tightly in a scarf and coat, your cold hands stuffed as far as they'll go into your pockets.

The breeze rustles through the barren trees along the sidewalk, blowing right through you until you feel it nearly all the way down to the bone. But, you're too busy being distracted by a conversation from earlier in the day as it replays on a loop through your mind.

"I understand you have to do what you have to do," Prentiss, your team leader, acknowledged as you sat in her office, hands fumbling out of an old nervous habit.

"I'm sorry to spring this on you," you apologize. "It's just bad timing."

"When do you plan on telling the others?"

"I want to find the right way. I know it won't be easy. I feel like I'm betraying them."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," she affirms. "They'll understand."

Sure, maybe they will. But, honestly, it's not the team that you're most worried about understanding why you've suddenly decided to move all the way across the Atlantic.

Your fingers numbly search for your keys, so cold that they can barely function. An exceptionally icy breeze blows right through you, causing tears to rise in your eyes. But, finally, you find the key you had been searching for, quickly turning the door knob to be met with the toasty ambiance of your quaint little  home. As you turn to lock the door behind you, you peel off your outer coat, letting the warm air engulf your entire body.

"Hey," you hear from behind you, and you nearly jump out of your skin.

Whirling around, you come face-to-face with Mac, and you heave a sigh of relief.

"Geez, Mac. You scared me."

"Sorry. I used the key you gave me. I hope that was okay."

"Right. Um, yeah that's fine."

"You okay?"

Of course he can sense that you don't seem yourself.

"Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" You try to smile to hide the truth you're hiding.

"Because I just flew across the country to see you, and you look like you just lost your best friend."

"Sorry. I just wasn't expecting you to be in my house."

You place a hand on Mac's shoulder, moving in close and pulling him in by the shirt. With a smirk, you give him a searing kiss, the heat slowly filling your cold, rosy cheeks and moving all the way to your toes.

"Better?" you ask him

"It's getting there."

"I really am happy to see you."

"Good. For a second, I was worried you were gonna pull out your gun and shoot me," he jokes.

***Six months ago...***