"Unforgettable"

A/N: Hello Wattpad world! I've got a new one for ya! This one is inspired by parts of "Unforgettable" by Thomas Rhett. I hope you like it! 😊✨
Rating: Everyone

***

It's a Saturday afternoon, and you finally have a chance to do some of the things you've been putting off around the house. You're currently cleaning out the closet in your bedroom when you find a box in the back labeled "Special Things." You smile at the sight, almost forgetting the box had been tucked back there for so long. It is full of so many special treasures which, to most, wouldn't be worth much. However, to you, that box holds some of your most precious memories.

As you lift the lid of the decorated shoebox, you sort through your "treasures" until your eyes land on one particular object. It's a neon green concert wristband with a phone number written in black sharpie. As the wonderful memories start flooding back, Mac strides into your bedroom.

"Hey, Mac, you remember this day?" You ask while waving the wristband in front of his face.

"Oh. Of course I do!" He assures while coming to sit next to you on the closet floor. "Every second."

"Every second? I don't believe you," you doubt, finding that extreme claim very unlikely.

Mac raises an eyebrow, faking a hurt look, "Oh, really? I'll prove it to you..."

"That mango-rita you were drinkin'. And that Coldplay song that you were singin'. And I bet right now you're probably thinkin' that it's crazy I remember every detail, but I do. I can still smell your perfume... From your blue jeans to your shoes, girl, that night was just like you...Unforgettable."

***Flashback***

The freedom that comes from the bright lights, loud music, intense base drum, and electric crowds of people have a way of making a person feel alive. There isn't much better than live music.

You and your friends are hanging toward the side of a huge crowd of people when your best friend asks if you could get more drinks. You happily comply and make your way to the line of food and drink trucks at the outdoor festival.

You softly sing to yourself along with the music playing through the speakers as you sip on your drink. At the drink stand, once you order your friends' new drinks, you move to the side to wait for your order as the man behind you moves forward. You take in the sight of him as your eyes skim over his golden blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. You can't help but stare a little at the glorious sight in front of you.

He looks up and catches your eye, and you quickly look away, trying to cover up the fact that you were staring for a little too long. The man smirks a little and chuckles under his breath.

He moves over next to you to wait for his own order as you awkwardly sip on your drink to avoid his gaze. Before long, he breaks the silence, "Cool place, huh?"

"Oh, uh, yeah."

He pauses for a moment, "It's, uh, kinda new for me. My friend Jack just dragged me here."