"I've Been Waiting For You"

A/N: Hello lovelies! Welcome to the third and final part of my latest "miniseries." I promised you guys a happy ending, so here it is. It's inspired by the song "I've Been Waiting For You" from the movie "Mama Mia: Here We Go Again." (Side-note: I LOVE that movie 💕☺️!!!). Thank you again to unofficialargent for suggesting this miniseries!!! I've enjoyed writing it, and I hope you've enjoyed reading!
Rating: Everyone

***

You awaken to a delicate kiss to your forehead. Stretching, you're comforted by the familiar feeling of being snuggly engulfed in Mac's arms.

"Morning, sleepyhead," he tells you as you rub the sleep from your eyes. The way he says it with that raspy morning voice is just so damn sexy.

You wonder how long he's been awake. "Were you watching me sleep?"

"Well, you were kind of trapping me in here. I didn't want to move because I didn't want to wake you. You're too beautiful when you're sleeping."

You smile, nuzzling your head against his chest.

You're so grateful for mornings like these. After some time, your relationship has really taken a turn for the better. It's been over a year since your miscarriage. It's strange because, for the longest time, you had been searching for some kind of silver lining in all the pain you've experienced over the past year. And you've realized that maybe there was some meaning in there somewhere.

It's allowed your relationship with Mac to become even stronger. It forced you to stop, analyze what's most important in your life, and focus on your marriage. That has made all the difference. Now, whatever you both decide comes next — you feel ready for it.

You want a family more than anything, and you know somehow that will happen. You've talked to doctors, but no one has found anything wrong. There's no apparent reason why you shouldn't be able to get and stay pregnant. But, maybe, for whatever reason, it's just not meant to be that way, and maybe that's okay.

But, even so, you're starting to feel that it's soon time to finally pursue other options. All that matters in the end is that you have a child both of you can give all your love to. That's what family is.

Playing with a lock of hair on your messy bed-head, Mac pulls you out of your sleepy daze, "You want breakfast?," he asks. "I'll make you waffles."

"Babe, you can't cook."

"I can if you help me."

You purse your lips at him. "So, basically, you want me to make you waffles. You're just making it sound like your doing it for me. I have to say, I'm impressed; that is very sneaky of you."

"Seriously, I'll help. I promise."

"Hmmm, but I'm comfy here." You snuggle in even closer and close your eyes, feeling the warmth of Mac's body so close to yours.

"We can put chocolate chips in them..." Opening one eye, you look up at him, contemplating.  He adds, "... And whipped cream on top." You narrow your eyes.

"Fine." You push yourself out of bed and wrap Mac's plaid button-down around your body with your pajama shorts underneath. "By the way, you had me at waffles. I just wanted to make you work for it," you wink while prancing out the bedroom door.

***

"Alright, how do we do this?" Mac stands at the ready in your kitchen.

"You're very serious about this, Mac. First step, take a breath." You steady him by his shoulders jokingly, breathing deeply so he'll mimic you. "Okay, we need flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, eggs, milk, and oil." You count off with your fingers as you list the ingredients. Mac just stares at you, blank-faced.