Chapter 4 Fever

Noon is approaching, and the villagers who have been busy all morning go home one after another. More and more people gathered outside the hospital, but no one was willing to help.

A thick circle of fat on the woman's face quivered up and down as her lips opened and closed. With high cheekbones and a prominent nose, she can only be considered slightly fatter than ordinary villagers, but she is not tall, so she looks a bit round and snarky.

Seeing the villagers gathered, some people saw Lin Chi's tragic state, and there was a vague disapproval on their faces. The woman put down her raised hands, wiped away her tears and cried, "My heart is not so cruel... But this child, this child made unripe beans for us to eat in the morning, it is poisonous! My family now has What about three lives!

The surrounding noise is gradually rising, and the body's audio-visual senses that have been enhanced by supernatural powers have received a lot of blessings, and the voice of the discussion entered his ears unconsciously.

Lu Ciyu listened to a few words unintentionally. It was probably a few years ago. Someone in the village accidentally ate uncooked beans, dizzy and foaming at the mouth. The least poisoned person took an ox cart to go to the village doctor, but an accident happened on the road, and the whole family was not spared

. Lin Chi has little to do with it, but it is also related to raw beans, so it is inevitable that it will be brought up again.

The words are getting more and more excessive, and before you know it, the topic turns to Lin Chi's death.

Lu Ciyu finally squeezed into the crowd . , I saw the young boy who was fine when we met in the morning lying face down on the cold ground, half of his exposed side face was covered with blood, so he could not see his eyebrows and eyes. The green grass, the slightly withered yellow-green grass leaves were stained with bright red blood, which was very dazzling. He focused on Lin Chi, and he didn't have the heart to listen to

what others were talking about.

After hitting, Lu Ciyu hurriedly stepped forward and stood up, grabbing the broom that had fallen straight down into his palm.

The woman doesn't look very good, she is ordinary, and her strength is not small. Lu Ciyu's palm was aching, and he didn't even have to look to know that it must be red.

She was not holding a small broom for sweeping the floor, but something like a large bamboo broom used by modern sanitation workers to sweep snow and leaves. Lu Ciyu didn't show it on her face, and secretly scolded women for being cruel - if Lin Chi's small body was hit like this, would it be okay? This is to beat people to death.

The woman obviously didn't expect that someone would stop her halfway through, and she didn't do it once or twice. At first, there were people who couldn't stand to stop her, and they turned a blind eye after a long time. Every family has their own troubles, and they manage their own juniors and you as an outsider. Besides, this time, she really caught Lin Chi's fault. Looking up along the arm, a face she had never seen before appeared before her. The woman was a little surprised and blurted

out, "Who are you?"

It can be said that everyone knows that the noble son who is covered in Tsinghua is going to settle in their Yangning Village. However, Aunt Lin happened to go to a neighboring village with her daughter to visit relatives yesterday. It was not long after she got home, and she didn't have time to exchange news with the old sisters in her village. Naturally, she didn't know that Lu Ciyu existed. At this moment, I can only be surprised when this group of people came to the village.

Lu Ciyu rarely took off the gentle mask he wore all the year round, and without answering, he lowered his face and asked: "Uncooked beans are green in color, not to mention that the taste of the food is not right. You can taste it. But you, his face was a little wrong yesterday. Could it be that the Lin family has been neglected and let him cook and pour water when he is sick?"

Second Aunt Lin brought the topic back to her when she saw him, and she didn't care about the thought that just raised Lu Ciyu's idea. He hurriedly retorted: "How about a child in our village who is sick and cooks a meal? Aren't they still working in the fields as usual? Do they still need to be as expensive as the young masters in the town, and they have to be careful when they sneeze?"

The woman who had been watching the show with arms crossed sneered when she heard the words: "What his second aunt said is wrong, which child in the second room of your Lin family is not Jin Guizhu who will be served when he sneezes? It is this brother Chi who is serving. The human one."

Lu Ciyu turned her head when she heard the words, the woman who spoke was lean and dressed in dark gray coarse clothes, she nodded and smiled at him when she saw him look over. Lu Ciyu frowned, according to her words, this child seems to have a very bad life in the Lin family?

No, you don't need to follow her words, just look at Lin Chi's thin body and the calluses and scars on his hands.

Lu Ciyu didn't want to say more, and he held the broom and raised his hand vigorously forward. Aunt Lin was forced to take a few steps back and almost sat on the ground. She held onto the stone table by the side to stabilize her figure, and she was secretly in her heart. Amazed at his strength.

Lu Ciyu turned around and hugged Lin Chi on the ground. He turned to the woman who had just spoken to him: "Doctor... No, where is Mr. Zhong?" The

boy in his arms rested his forehead against his chest, and the still-dry blood on his forehead rubbed a small red patch on his chest.

Seeing his appearance, the woman showed a bit of distress on her face: "At the foot of the mountain in the north of the village, that house is easy to find over there."

Lu Ciyu nodded and thanked him, and looked at Li Zheng and his wife who had just arrived after hearing the news. A glance, and then holding Lin Chi quickly disappeared from everyone's sight.

Li Zheng quickly caught up, and Aunt Li Zheng learned the details from the woman, and when she saw the blood on the ground, she was furious, and she scolded Er Auntie Lin in anger.

Lu Ciyu also didn't care how many people would see the appearance of the two of them, misunderstand and spread gossip, and the young man's breath in his arms became weaker and weaker, almost imperceptible. He could feel the scorching temperature of that body even after a few clothes in his arms. Lu Ciyu almost used up all the energy he had used to flee for his life when he was chased by the zombies, and hurried across the small half of the village.

The north side of the village is close to the mountain where Lu Ciyu just hunted in the morning. Because of the danger of the mountain, few people choose to live here. The lonely courtyard is very conspicuous. An old man with a white beard at the door was turning over the herbs to dry, and was shocked to see Lu Ciyu's appearance. The old man didn't speak, and he had seen many scenes like this in his whole life. He immediately

got up and pushed open the door of the house, pointing to the bed and saying, "Quickly put it here." When

she got on it, she was startled: "Why is it so hot?!"

Lu Ciyu gasped for a while with her hands on her knees, feeling that she had calmed down slightly, then got up and walked to the well, picked up the wooden bucket hanging from the well and started to lift water.

He was actually a little guilty.

I found out what was wrong with this child earlier. I forgot to say it when I was busy on the first day, but this morning, because of everyone's attention, I didn't say it. I didn't expect it to almost kill the child.

A cold can still burn out inflammation, how could he be so careless.

Just as the old man was about to ask him to pick up a bucket of water, Lu Ciyu brought the water to him in a blink of an eye, gave Lu Ciyu an admiring look, and wet the cloth to cool him down.

Lu Ciyu lowered her head, pulled a small bench in the courtyard over, and sat at the door to watch the old man put needles on Lin Chi.

In the last days, he was used to seeing death and separation, and it stands to reason that his heart should have been extremely hardened, but Lin Chi was, after all, a living life, a life only eighteen years old. In modern times, it should be carefree reading college and playing games, rather than lying on such a bed and being stabbed by a cold silver needle.

Lu Ciyu suddenly shook his head. No, no, it's better not to be modern. The order of modern society has collapsed, and all places are in chaos. It is too late to escape. This dynasty is better.

But... in this dynasty, at the age of 18, you should get married and start a family. When he was stealthed to absorb the knowledge and customs of this dynasty, he saw a brother who seemed to be a few years younger than Lin Chi, and he had two children.

The girl's family in ancient times usually started looking for their husbands around the 14th or 15th year, right?

Obviously he is still a child.

Lu Ciyu was in a trance with no expression on his face.

Someone approached beside him, blocking the blazing sun's rays. Lu Ciyu looked up to see who was coming, moved her body to leave half of the bench, and sat down with her buttocks.

"How is Brother Chi?" Li Zheng's voice was panting at the end of his words, and I'm afraid he also ran over.

"It's still being diagnosed and treated." Lu Ciyu raised her head and motioned him to look inside the room.

Li Zheng also knew that he was talking nonsense, but he really didn't know what topic to look for. Seeing Lu Ciyu's indifferent appearance, Li Zheng was thoughtful.

After a moment of silence, he said, "Do you know why he was named Chi?"