Chapter 65 Little Thief

Shopping is really the most tiring thing, bar none.

The two took a shortcut and returned to the mansion, paralyzed on the bed and didn't want to move.

The candle in the lantern had been burned out, and there was only a pool of solidified wax oil left at the bottom of the lamp. Lu Ciyu took off the base and unloaded six sheets of paper and looked at it over and over for a while. mind.

Lin Chi pushed open the door and walked in, with water stains on his face. Lu Ciyu hurriedly dragged the person over: "How cold is it outside, why don't you wipe it clean?"

Lin Chi liked this lamp very much, so he obediently raised his face and asked him to rub the handkerchief on his face: "Lu Gongzi removed it. What is it going to do?"

Lu Ciyu raised her eyebrows: "You will know in a few days."

Lin Chi was even more curious, he was afraid that Lu Ciyu would take the painting away and throw away the frame of the lamp, so he would pester him. Want to ask clearly. But Lu Gongzi, who usually can't stand his tricks the most, is determined to ignore him. Lin Chi was in a hurry for a long time, but he didn't let go, and finally he could only sleep with dissatisfaction.

Lu Ciyu breathed a sigh of relief when he lay down, this child is really cute... The elderly need a big blood bag to drink milk.

He carefully flipped through the space for a long time before he found the things in his memory. He was worried that he had misremembered, but he did not expect to find it. Lu Ciyu suppressed the smile on his lips, and quietly left the bedroom to the outside in order to prevent the other party from sleeping.

He lit a long candle, rolled up his sleeves, and got busy.

------

The biological clock is a very magical thing, even if this day is so tired, Lin Chi's consciousness is still uncontrollably awake the next morning. He quietly glanced at Lu Ciyu, who was still sleeping, and wanted to get out of bed lightly.

Unexpectedly, he was dragged back as soon as he moved.

"Let's lie down for a while, it's too early." Lu Gongzi's vigilance ability was at full level. He woke up as soon as he moved Lu Ciyu, but just opened his eyes lazily.

"I'm going to cook."

Lu Ciyu frowned: "I'll accompany you."

Everything they said to Lin Yang yesterday was true, and they will pack up and head back to the village today.

No matter how good Lin Chi was in the county town, he was not comfortable staying there. Lu Ciyu also noticed that many people on the side were sending prying eyes to stare at them. The people living on this street were either rich or expensive. The neighbors who moved in were "extraordinarily caring", but Lu Ciyu was too sensitive to other people's sights, so he decided to treat the county as a place for vacation and leisure.

The lanterns ordered yesterday hadn't been delivered yet. After all, it's really early at this time. Young Master Lu got up and looked at the things he made last night. After fiddling a few times, he went to find Lin Chi.

The lanterns and guqin were delivered to the door after noon. At that time, the two of them were stuffing things into the carriage in the yard, most of which were gifts such as cloth bought for Lizheng and them.

Lu Ciyu paid the bill and returned to the yard with a lot of things after seeing people leave. Lin Chi was curious about his purpose yesterday, but he forgot everything when he went shopping at night.

"I want to draw something... You'll know when you go back." Lu Ciyu continued to sell off.

Lin Chi squinted at him, and immediately jumped on him.

This child has been fed two balls of soft meat on his face recently, and it feels so good to hold it, Young Master Lu couldn't help but squeeze it and he couldn't let it go.

Xunquan has not been idle for the past few days. When they went out to play, Xunquan was responsible for the housekeeping and stayed in the courtyard where the damaged carriage was repaired. Lu Ciyu walked through again, making sure there was nothing to bring, and then she locked up and left the house.

The first time I came, I was in a hurry with no experience. A few hours away from the county seat, there is a specially built place for people to rest. Now I can get there when it is almost dark at night, and after a night of rest, I can set off directly tomorrow morning.

He watched Lin Chi get into the carriage, and Lu Ciyu glanced back before the horses took off.

In fact, there is nothing to miss.

Will be back in a few months.

------

Because they have already walked through it once, Xunquan probably has a number of the environment facing the road in his heart. After a reasonable estimate of the travel and rest time, their speed is significantly faster.

Until the early morning of the fifth day, the carriage slowly drove up the trail in the village.

The people in the village can't turn a blind eye to their carriages, but at most they can say a few words in their spare time after meals, at least they won't look inside and out like the horses or carriages at the beginning. lively.

When they came back, Xunyuan was cleaning the falling snow in front of the mansion, and when he saw the person, he hurried up to greet him: "Master, your lord, you are back."

This is the name again... Lu Ciyu sighed.

He nodded, took the reins of the horses from Xunquan's hand and stepped into the mansion together with Lin Chi: "How is the mansion these few days when we're not here?"

Xun Yuan was stunned for a moment: "Go back to the master... these few days. Something happened in the house."

Lu Ciyu turned to look at him: "Go into the room and talk about it."

After the young horse was unlocked, he entered the stable consciously. Without Lu Ciyu's order, no one dared to tamper with the contents of the carriage. They could only leave it there. Lu Ciyu took Lin Chi into the main room: " What happened?" The

three looked at each other, and then knelt on the ground together: "Yes, the slaves guarded the night carelessly and let the thief run in." The

house was burglarized? ! Lin Chi widened his eyes.

Xun Yuan was excited and claimed to have brought it out again. Xun Quan was worried about what happened next to him. Lu Ciyu frowned: "Get up, how many times have you said that you shouldn't call yourself that."

"But...".

"Can't get up?"

Lu Ciyu's face sank, it was really scary, the three stood up tremblingly: "It happened on the third day after you and the lord left, the puppy in the courtyard suddenly barked during the second watch. When we got up, we got up in a hurry only to find someone sneaking in...".

"They came in from the back of the courtyard, which is the passage between the two courtyards. They entered the master's inner courtyard and stole a lot of things. We only caught one. Li Gongzi caught it." Waiting for the

amount of information in this sentence to be a bit large, Lu Ciyu's fingertips tapped on the armrest of the chair a few times.

Because Lu Ciyu bought a large piece of land at the foot of the mountain, a corridor was built between the two yards, and you could follow the corridor to the other yard.

Shelves were set up on the top of the corridor. Lu Ciyu originally wanted to plant some vines here. In summer, when the vines are full of shelves, you can sit under the corridor and enjoy the shade. Come in...

"Are there two people here?"

"Yes." Xun Yuan nodded: "I have already gone to inquire. They usually do nothing in the village. They are not young but don't do serious business. They have a very bad reputation in the village."

"Who are you talking about, Young Master Li?"

In fact, Xun Yuan didn't know what to call him.

"It's the man looking for trouble that I met when I went to buy pork."

He also knew that it was definitely not appropriate to call him Young Master in his identity, but it was even more wrong to call him Young Master. Li Yan and Lu Ciyu are considered to be of the same generation, and he called him Brother Li... He was just courting death.

The guy who originally thought he was a little villain turned out to be a funny guy?

Lu Ciyu really didn't expect it to be him...

"Lu's house is remote, and his home is on the other side of the village. Why did he appear outside our house during the second watch?" He also helped us catch a thief?

"Looking far, I don't know...". Xun Yuan lowered his head, he really didn't know.

"Where are the two thieves now?"

"...The next morning after the incident, their family members came to the door to pick up someone. We can't make a decision without the master, so we can only go to Lizheng. Lord Lizheng took the person away."

Lu Ciyu nodded and thought for a moment.

"You'll talk about it later, is there anything else?" The

three shook their heads.

"Okay, let's keep busy." Lu Ciyu led Lin Chi into the back room.

The things in the house still look like they had been rummaged through that night. Xun Yuan and Qiuyin and Snow Song didn't know what was in the house, and they didn't dare to sort them out for fear that the number of stolen items wouldn't match and they would eventually be blamed.

Not many things have been turned over in the house. I heard Xunyuan say that the two people were found by the puppies just after they turned in. A puppy was kicked by one of them when he rushed to bite.

Lu Ciyu sorted out things in the room, and Lin Chi went outside to find the puppy and hugged it in. The man's feet were extremely ruthless, the puppy was seriously injured, and the fluffy, listless nest was in Lin Chi's arms, his ears drooping.

But it made Lin Chi feel bad.

There is nothing valuable in the house. The house deed and land deed and silver bills are all in Lu Ciyu's space. There are some daily furniture items outside. Lu Ciyu looked around and found only a few hairpin jewelry for Lin Chi. gone.

Lin Chi usually doesn't like to wear these things. He only has the ancestral hosta of Lu Ciyu, which is hidden like a treasure, and the rest are stored as assets on the shelf beside the table at will. Lu Ciyu had just finished counting things when Xun Yuan knocked on the door and entered the house.

"Master, this was found from them when they were caught. See if there is anything left."

Lu Ciyu took it over and looked at it. In addition to the gold and silver, these two actually stole a lot of money. of his practiced brush painting.

Among them are the drafts of the paintings that he took to sell in the town when he was just married, and the few landscapes he sketched casually when he was in a good mood. He originally thought of throwing them away together, but Lin Chi was reluctant to say anything. The local Lu Ciyu was placed there.

These things are usually rolled up one by one and placed in a large porcelain vat beside the table, only Lin Chi will open them one by one when he is in the mood to take a look, and by the way, he will stare at him with an admiring look that Young Master Lu can't resist. If Lu Ciyu hadn't seen it at this time, he would have forgotten it.

At this moment, he didn't know whether to praise these two thieves for being insightful or stupid for not picking the valuable ones.

Lu Ciyu asked people to take out the things in the carriage, and he turned over the things that were sent in the carriage: "Now I have to go there anyway."