Chapter 56 Cowardice

Thirty has passed, and the next day is the first day of the new year. No matter how much reluctance in their hearts, they will go back to Lin's house.

I just wanted to sit for a while to maintain a peaceful attitude on the lower surface, and I thought I would go back after sitting for a while, but I didn't expect to see Lin Yang and Lin Yi.

It's no surprise that this is their home after all.

Aunt Lin only greeted them coldly when she saw them, took the things that Lu Ciyu brought, and went into the back room. Erbo Lin was sitting on the stool and smoking a long cigarette, but silently nodded to them.

After all, it is his own mother, so Lin Yang can only helplessly treat Lin Er Auntie's attitude. Seeing the strange atmosphere in the house, he quickly stepped forward and said warmly: "Brother, brother, let's go into the room and talk!

" The husband and wife followed into the house.

Lin Yi's face looked extremely bad.

She and Lu Ciyu are the same age, and they are only one year younger than Lu Guixi, but just looking at their appearance, they are haggard and old. There are wrinkles on the corners of the brows and the eyes, and he is wearing a shabby cotton-padded coat that has been washed white and has several patches. People who go out and say that he is in his 30s and 40s will believe it.

When he and Lin Chi got married, this girl didn't do it like this. Although she still couldn't say how well she was dressed at the time, at least it could be seen that she was well-dressed and cleaned up.

At that time, the girl looked at Lin Chi with hope and worry that she hadn't even noticed in her eyes, how could she be as dead as now.

It's only been a few months.

Lin Chi was also startled by her appearance, and looked up at Lu Ciyu.

He wanted to talk to his sister, but it might be inconvenient for Young Master Lu and Lin Yang to be present.

Lu Ciyu nodded and let him go.

Lin Chi took his sister into the next room.

Lu Ciyu and Lin Yang chatted about the scientific expedition, just when they talked about entering the county in March, Lin Yang suddenly reacted to protect each other.

His brother-in-law didn't enter the school, and Lin Yang was a little worried about how he would sign up. He simply said that he would sign a letter of guarantee with Lu Ciyu and help him find the rest of the students. Unexpectedly, Lu Ciyu declined.

Not to mention that he has found someone through Xue Yu's way, even if he doesn't find him, he doesn't really want to owe Lin Yang's favor.

Lin Yang studied in the county, and shared a small yard with several students from the same farm family. He was worried that it would be too much trouble for Lu Ciyu to find a place to live now, and wanted to let him go to his place for a few days, but he did not expect to be rejected by Lu Ciyu again.

Before Lu Ciyu asked Xue Yu to help buy a house in the county, Xue Yu looked for it and simply sold him a yard in his name. Of course, there is no shortage of banknotes that should be collected.

Lu Ciyu was noncommittal about his behavior.

He had heard of the location of that yard, and it could be considered a so-called prime location. Many people in the county knew that it was Master Xue's yard.

With Xue Yu's character, he sold his own things to others... This move directly put the label of Xue Yu on Lu Ciyu's head. It was difficult for him to judge whether Xue Yu's behavior was intentional or not.

Don't play sincere in front of a little fox.

Lin Chi and Lin Yi didn't know what they were talking about over there. Lin Yang asked a lot of things about his brother from the side. Seeing that Lu Ciyu answered each and every sentence. Even many things he answered were more detailed than what Lin Yang, his blood-related younger brother, knew.

Lin Yang didn't know what it was like.

His brother was very kind to him when he was a child, but he left home when he was young and didn't care how much he was paid back.

He can only come back to say a few words and stay for a few days during the festival. After the festival, he turned around and went back to the county, but Lin Chi still had to stay at the Lin house.

But seeing his successful marriage can be regarded as a sigh of relief.

Seeing that noon is approaching, every household is emitting cooking smoke.

Lu Ciyu didn't really want to stay here for dinner, so he called out Lin Chi and left.

Lin Yi is a good girl, mainly because she has a good relationship with Lin Chi. If something happens, Lin Chi will definitely be very sad.

Lu Ciyu was thinking about these things before, but he couldn't ask Lin Yang about this, and only asked when he walked into the yard with Lin Chi.

Lin Chi sighed deeply, and then said after a long silence, "Sister came back by herself."

Lu Ciyu suddenly realized that something was wrong.

He and Lin Chi got married and have never met Lin Yi's husband.

------

Lu Ciyu vaguely remembered that Lin Yi seemed to have married into a village in the mountains.

When he was chatting with Lin Rong before, he asked a few questions, and the other party replied that people in the village had to climb at least half a mountain to get out of the village, and it was extremely inconvenient to go out.

A few years ago, in order to escape, I tried to escape into the deep mountains, but the most important things in the deep mountains are beasts and poisons. The villagers wanted to go to the mountain with at least a few adult men to escort them on the side, and they were afraid that something would come out halfway and take them away.

If Lin Yi's husband also came to the Lin family, he would definitely not go out to say hello. Could it be that this girl went down the mountain by herself twice? !

Lin Chi bit his lip and nodded silently.

"It's almost like this."

"When I got married, my sister went down the mountain by herself... My brother-in-law said he didn't have time. Today, my sister came back with a few other brothers and girls who had married, and will go with them tomorrow."

Lu Ciyu suddenly didn't know what to say.

He didn't know how close the other party's village was to the mountain. He had come across from the other side of the mountain, but since he wanted to evade taxes and corvee, it was very far and hidden.

He doesn't know if there are tigers or wolves in this kind of mountain, but he has seen bears and wild boars with his own eyes.

She is such a cowardly girl who dare not speak out loud, but she climbed half a mountain alone in the autumn when the beasts were active, just to catch up with her brother's marriage ceremony...

Lu Ciyu didn't know whether to praise her for her luck or not. I should say that she is bold.

In case of unfortunate encounter with something... I am afraid that there will be no bones left in this vast mountain.

Lin Chi has only met his brother-in-law a few times, once when the other party came to greet his relatives, and several times when he came back for New Year's gifts and New Year's greetings. It's not like it's like in modern times, you can drop by and go back to your parents' home at any time. If you want to meet again after getting married, it's almost one less time to see each other.

Saying that there is no time in your mouth is all an excuse.

No matter how busy you are, you won't let a girl's family gamble her life to cross half a mountain.

And today, on the first day of the new year, Lin Yi was alone in the group of other husbands and wives who returned to their parents' home.

Lu Ciyu led the people back to Lu's house slowly. The more Lin Chi thought about it along the way, the more worried he became. He was afraid that there was something wrong with the relationship between Lin Yi and her husband.

The two of them had planned to go home and have dinner. In the afternoon, they went from house to house to give New Year gifts to those uncles and uncles who took good care of Lin Chi. Now, seeing Lin Chi's face, he was a little reluctant to keep him busy. .

"Why don't we go there tomorrow when my sister leaves, and give her some money?" Lu Ciyu didn't realize that he also started calling for her sister.

"No." Lin Chi shook his head: "The mother-in-law that my sister married...". He looked around, and saw that no one stood on tiptoe and whispered in Lu Ciyu's ear: "As scary as my second aunt."

"If she finds out that my sister is hiding money from her private house... my sister will be miserable. ."

Lu Ciyu frowned.

"But let's go tomorrow and give her some meat and eggs for her to take back. Er Auntie never prepares any good return gifts for my sister."

He looked at Lu Ciyu carefully: "Ah! Master Lu is going to enter the town tomorrow to give a New Year's gift to the senior official, right?"

"Will it be a waste of time? Otherwise, I'll go to the town by myself. Master Lu will enter the town."

"It's too late." Lu Ciyu held his Hand: "Tomorrow morning, let's go to Lin's house together, and then go to town together."

"I'm not very worried about you staying here by yourself."

Lin Chi clenched his hand, and the two walked back with their fingers interlocked.

Children on the side of the road found their figures, rushed up and surrounded them sweetly and said auspicious words for New Year's greetings.

Creatures like children may be attracted to each other. A little guy found them, and even the little guys with the little guy all ran over.

Lu Gongzi and Lin Chi were surrounded by the little guys, and they looked down at the pile of little bean sprouts who looked so serious and said good things, and found it very interesting.

When he went out, he anticipated that this might happen, and he specially tied a big bag around his waist, which contained candies wrapped in oil paper one by one. He picked up the kit and handed it to Lin Chi to signal for him to share, and Lin Chi took it very naturally.

He still thinks that Young Master Lu doesn't like dealing with children.

What did Mr. Lu say? What a pain in the ass.

This way of diverting attention had been used by Young Master Lu when they got married, and even after being married for so long, it was still so useful to Lin Chi.

Sugar is a very rare thing, not to mention that Lu Ciyu's purchases are all of the top quality, which is different from the semi-sweet and slightly sweet ones they used to eat.

A bunch of radishes were happier with the candy, and they circled around Lin Chi, saying all the good words he had learned in his life came out one after another. There was a little guy who couldn't speak and scratched his head in a hurry. After holding it for a long time, he suddenly popped out the sentence of giving birth to a child early, and Lin Chi was stunned for a moment.

"puff--". Lu Gongzi couldn't help laughing out loud.

What does Xiaoruotou know at this age? It's nothing more than being picked up and said a few words by the ear when he is attending a wedding with an adult. He only knows that when he says this, people will give him candy when he is happy. Who knows what it means.

Lin Chi's ears were flushed, and Young Master Lu tried his best to suppress the smile on his face. He took the bag in his hand, grabbed a lot of candy and stuffed it with the little guy who was just talking. He turned around and pulled Lin Chi away.