Chapter 58

By the time the two finally returned to the Lu Mansion, the sky was completely dark.

From a long distance, you can see three lights in front of the Lu Mansion Gate, two lanterns hanging in front of the gate and a person holding a lantern waiting for them to come back.

Lu Ciyu was a little surprised to see Xunquan. If he and Lin Chi stayed outside for Xunquan, wouldn't they have to wait all night?

"In the future, we don't have to wait outside when we go out." The New Year's Eve is still snowing, and Lu Ciyu has no hobby of watching people get cold.

"It's really dark at night, and the dark ones can't even see the road clearly, so Xunquan wanted to help him lead the way."

Due to the issue of their origin, this group of people called themselves slaves at first, and Lu Ciyu listened to it. It was really uncomfortable for a few times, so they simply gave up this title and called themselves by their name.

Look at this, how kind.

Lu Ciyu nodded: "Then you have to do what you can. There are only four of you in the house, and it depends on whether your body can withstand it." "If you are sick

, I will be very troubled."

more intimate.

Xunquan thought that he had been praised and appreciated by his master, and he was so moved that he wanted to throw his head and shed blood for Lu Ciyu immediately. Lu Ciyu, who looked at the man in his twenties with tears in his eyes, couldn't help shivering.

It was the same cry, Lin Chi cried and he felt cute and cute, Xunquan cried and he got goosebumps all over Lei, and he didn't know why.

It's a pity that Lin Chi looked at the weak and weak inside, but he was very strong and resilient. Except for the first day he saw him, he had never seen him take the initiative to cry.

Except for the bed. Young Master Lu smacked his lips.

How could he know how much a son from a family like Xunquan Xunyuan cares about the master's value? This is all brainwashed by the original master's family since they were born. Even if Lu Ciyu knew about it, he would not take it to heart.

If his vigilance and defense were dispelled so easily, he would not be Lu Ciyu.

Lu Ciyu drove the carriage to the door of the house. He didn't care how unethical and rude it was for the carriage to appear in the yard. Anyway, his yard was bigger and he was willful.

Xunquan stood silently by the side with a lantern to illuminate him.

Lu Ciyu got into the car, and after a while, she came out with Lin Chi in his arms. His rabbit fur cloak wrapped Lin Chi's whole body, Lin Chi's hat was buckled on his head and his face was close to Lu Ciyu's chest, the whole person was tightly covered. did not show up.

The child was both worried and happy all day today.

The two started to work early in the morning, entered the town for so long in the afternoon, and swept away the snow in front of the tomb together in the evening.

Lu Ciyu watched him chatting with the two deceased elders for a long time. After this day's torment, he was already exhausted. On the way back, he fell into a drowsy sleep not long after getting on the carriage.

Although I was very tired during the Chinese New Year in the past, I was tired at that time, but today I am more tired physically and mentally.

Young Master Lu carried him into the room and put him on the bed. Seeing how sound he was sleeping, he couldn't bear to ask him to get up and take a shower.

He lit a candle and lit the stove, turned and sat beside the bed to read a book. The temperature in the room gradually rose, and Lin Chi rubbed his eyes and woke up by himself.

He half-squinted and looked around.

"Awake?" Lu Gongzi patted his head.

Lin Chi nodded, still a little confused: "I don't know how I got back...".

He slept for a long time and his voice was a little hoarse, and Lu Ciyu handed over a glass of water.

Lin Chi moistened his throat and sat quietly with Lu Ciyu for a while before saying, "Am I being too presumptuous?"

"Huh?" Lu Gongzi's eyes were still on the exam paper in his hand, and he turned his head to look at him when he heard the words: " What's wrong?"

"Obviously I should be more diligent after getting married, but why am I getting lazy...". Lin Chi felt very guilty. He clearly planned to raise Young Master Lu better and better, but after getting married, Lu Ciyu took care of him instead.

"Oh." Lu Ciyu pinched his face: "Don't you like it?"

"I like it." Although he still wanted to do more, it was undeniable that he was very satisfied with this kind of life.

"Isn't it over? I'm taking a break now. I don't know anything about farming. After the spring, some things will make you busy."

Lin Chi thought about it carefully, nodded seriously, and secretly decided to plant a lot this year. The land grows very fragrant and fragrant rice for Lu Gongzi to eat.

Lu Ciyu comforted the person and continued to go back to read.

Let Lin Chi go to farm? Dream it. There are so many things at home that can always be bypassed when the time comes.

------

The two of them picked up two big baskets full of things to send to Lin Yi early the next morning. A large group of people had already gathered at the entrance of the village, all of whom wanted to return to the husband's house today. The local rule was to rest at home for one night after returning home, and they had to go back the next day.

This kind of dynasty can only be seen once a year if there is no major event in the family.

Lin Yi and a few people stood aside, none of the elders of the Lin family came, and only Lin Yang stood beside his sister and said something.

Seeing Lu Ciyu and Lin Chi, both of them were a little surprised.

Lin Chi and Lin Yi exchanged a few words, and shoved the things into his sister's hands: "Sister, take these back."

Lin Yi carefully lifted the corner of the cloth cover, and then stared at him with wide eyes. Disregarding etiquette, he pulled Lin Chi aside: "Young Master Lu isn't angry, right?"

This is considered to be taking things from her husband's family and posting it to her mother's house, and it was her married sister from her mother's family. Most people are very taboo about this. , if it were her husband, he would have been angry and cursed.

"Sister knows that you are doing it for my sister's sake, but I can't accept these things... It's my big sin to hurt your feelings...". Lin Yi thought that it was Lin Chi who insisted on bringing it in order to give her a New Year's gift.

Her mother just prepared a few eggs and a few pieces of meat.

Lin Chi was a little helpless, his sister always thought of others like this.

"Young Master Lu knows, he helped him choose these."

Lin Yi was even more frightened and secretly looked at Lu Ciyu several times, seeing that there was no dissatisfaction on his face, so he put down a little snack.

Lu Ciyu was a little funny. He also said that Lin Chi was like a rabbit, and Lin Yi was more like Lin Chi.

It was just a few return gifts prepared according to the local rules, and some muslin wedding candies were brought out. As for the fear of panic.

Lin Yi's eyes were red, and she didn't know if she was moved or happy. She turned her back and wiped the corners of her eyes.

She opened her mouth, as if she wanted to say something, but a voice called her came from the side.

It was the others in the mountains who were leaving.

Lin Yi had no choice but to wave his hand to say goodbye to a few people, then turned around and set off with the crowd.

Lin Chi was a little reluctant to look at her back, and Lu Ciyu held her shoulders in her arms: "Aren't you going to collect saplings in the beginning of spring? I will see you again later."

Lin Chi then reacted and pressed harder. nodded.

------

Now the village has really stopped a lot, and every household can be regarded as running out of time, so Lu Ciyu led people to run around and deliver things.

Originally, it was a bit late for him to send it. Fortunately, these people who he chose to befriend after screening were either honest or smart, and no one took these to heart, but expressed his concern for wasting Lu Ciyu's time. apology.

The result of blindly advocating scholars is to cause endless pressure on the students of the dynasty. Almost every time Lu Ciyu goes to a family, someone will ask, "Are you ready for this year's scientific examination? Are you confident or sure?

" than the relatives and friends before the college entrance examination.

There are other ways to fail in the modern college entrance examination. The big deal is to study crafts and technology. In ancient times, especially in such small villages, almost the whole family tightened their belts for this student to study.

I heard from Lin Yang that the school in the county has a particularly serious tendency to compare and contrast, and at every turn, a few people would invite a few people to go to the arty and elegant poetry to compare, and it would cost more money to go out than to rent a yard.

A few sour scholars complimented each other, and they lied so much that they even believed themselves. I really felt that he was a once-in-a-lifetime wizard, and it was no problem for a mere boy to try.

It is even more unacceptable for scholars who are used to being sought after in the county to return to the village. In their eyes, these are vulgar mortals who can't read big characters. is dreaming.

Therefore, Lu Ciyu said that after reading the book, these people in the village turned their attention to him with a little more respect, and then found that he had no ill will towards these farmers, and his favorability rose sharply.

These children were sent to the county to study when they were young, and they could only go home a few times a year. They had long been separated from their parents and brothers, not to mention that they had never touched a single farm tool, and some even had vegetable seedlings and weeds. .

Lu Ciyu doesn't know how long Lin Yang can keep like this. After all, he is still a child at heart, and he does things completely based on his likes and dislikes. In a few years, he doesn't know whether he will learn badly against the background of those people.

Everyone has their own way, as long as he cleans up his own and Lin Chi's, no one else can worry about it.

Lu Ciyu was in a trance for a while, although it felt like a long time, it actually didn't take long. He sighed silently - Lin Chi was always in a daze at every turn, and he was also led by him like this.

Mr. Lu smiled and nodded to the villagers in front of him: "I have read the book several times, but there are still many things I don't understand. I hope I can study it thoroughly after the year."

The man patted him on the shoulder: " Good boy, we don't have a single scholar in our village, if you get admitted, you'll get the top spot!" The

pressure is huge.

The man chatted a few more words: "Boy Lu is also a busy person, so I won't bother you any more, hurry back and win glory for our village!"

His household registration here is from Yangning Village, which is irrefutable.

Young Master Lu smiled bitterly and said yes, and took Lin Chi away with the help of the topic.

"Daughter-in-law, should I let Lin Rong go to those villages after a while?"