1

season 2 episode 5

awful people
🚨

It was Lindsey's 3rd day and so far she liked her job. She also really liked Athena. Lindsey admired the way she worked and how she held her ground against crazy, awful people. She kind of reminded her a little bit of Hotch. Serious and focused but also a great leader.

Athena and her were on their way to a call. Apparently an older woman ran over someone in the mall parking lot. When they pulled in they saw that the firefighters were already on scene.

Lindsey and Athena pushed their was through the crowd of people and made their way over to the woman on the ground. Lindsey watched as the firefighters worked to free her legs.

The one paramedic looked down at the woman, "Hey wait, don't we know you?"

"Uh no, I don't...I don't think so." Even though the woman's voice was calm, Lindsey could see the panic in her eyes. Something wasn't right.

"Last year. Hancock Park." The paramedic said and the other one added, "That's right. I never forget a femur."

Lindsey and Athena both looked at each other. The woman let out a nervous laugh. Lindsey leaned over to look at the woman in the face but the woman wouldn't meet her eye. Lindsey turned back to Athena who said, "It's the damned Porch Pirate."

They got the woman free and onto a stretcher while Athena caught Lindsey up on who exactly this woman was.

The two made their way to Lorraine. "Guess you moved up from porches to parking lots. Huh, Lorraine?" Athena said and Lindsey added, "What's your scam?"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I went to my court-mandated treatment. I'm completely cured. Haven't stole a package in months." Lorraine answered.

"I heard you settled with that homeowner." Athena said. "The house she fell in front of when she was package stealing?" One of the paramedics asked and the other said, "I didn't realize you could sue someone for being injured during the commission of a felony."

"Pled down to a misdemeanor. Insurance companies are happy to settle instead of going to court." Lorraine said as they started wheeling her to the ambulance. "Insurance companies are less happy about fraud. And we've got three witnesses that claim you intentionally stepped out behind that poor woman's car." Lindsey told her.

"Makes we wonder what we might find when we pull the security footage from this parking lot." Athena added.

"I think you'll find a woman suffering with mobility issues. Lots of trouble walking since that fall on the steps. You know, I wonder if it's because I received improper care on the scene."