7

season 2 episode 13

Fight or Flight
🚨

Lindsey was about to fall asleep when she got a text from Buck that something happened. She didn't think twice. She grabbed her jacket, badge and gun. She went to walk out the door but stopped. She looked back at her closet. She didn't know exactly what happened, Buck didn't go into detail with the text, she just knew something was wrong. Her gut was telling her to grab her bag from the closet. So she did.

When Lindsey arrived, the paramedics were already working on someone. When she got closer she realized it was Chimney. "Oh my god." She muttered.

Lindsey ran into the house, "Buck! Buck!" She saw him round the corner, tears in his eyes and a phone in his hand. "Oh Buck." She said as she ran towards him. "What happened?" Buck just kept staring at the phone. Lindsey reached out and grabbed his face, making his eyes meet hers. "Buck I need you to tell me what happened?"

"He found her." Lindsey looked at him confused, "Who?"

"Maddie, he found Maddie." Then it clicked. Lindsey had heard about Maddies abusive ex. "He found her. This is her phone. Chimney said Jason took her but I know...I know it was Doug." Buck told her, as if he were trying to convince her. "Ok, it's ok. I believe you, Buck. I do."

Athena, Bobby, and Detective Romero arrived and Buck and Lindsey went to go talk to them. "It was Doug. Doug Kendall. He told Maddie he would kill her if she left him. He did this." Buck told the detective. "You said he lives in Pennsylvania. He knows she was here?"

"No, she-she..." Athena stepped in for Buck, "She was filing for divorce. That could have put her back on his radar."

"Well we'll take a look at him but before your friend lost consciousness, he said he was attacked by a Jason Bailey. Either of you know who that is?" The officer asked and they shook their heads.

Buck went to follow the detective and Lindsey went to follow Buck. "Wait detective, I know he had a new friend. Some guy he was...he was playing pool with. I never met him but now I know why, you know, cause it was Doug. He got close to Chimney so that he could get close to Maddie." Romero didn't say anything. "You don't believe me? I mean, I mean, Chimneys phone is right there. You know, check for yourself."

Buck ran to grab Chimneys phone but the Romero stopped him, "Phones locked. Can't open it without the victim's consent."

"They'll subpoena his phone records but it'll take time." Athena told Buck. "Well Maddie doesn't have time, okay? Come on, Doug did this! He almost killed Chimney and...and he could kill her next." Buck yelled. Bobby tried to calm him down, "But he didn't. Buck just listen to me. Buck, maybe you're right. It's Doug. And he found out where Maddie was, and he came here and he hurt Chimney. But Maddie's not here and if all he wanted to do was kill her..."