76

season 6 season 12

Recovery
🚨

Lindsey grabbed the fruit from Maddie's hand and placed it in the fridge. Maddie had stopped by with multiple bags of groceries. Since Bucks accident, she's been stopping by with different things. Groceries, lunch, dinner, games, you name it.

"You do know that only two people live here, right?" Buck asked as he looked at the multiple bags of groceries. "But you're supposed to be taking it easy and letting your body heal, so I thought I would save you a few trips to the grocery store." Maddie told him.

"For the next six months?"

"For however long it takes for you to recover," Lindsey said as she turned to him, "Let us take care of you." Buck shook his head, "I'm fine."

"Buck. You died. Okay? And not almost, you actually died." Lindsey froze at Maddie's words. Biting her lip, she took a moment before adding, "We don't know the long-term repercussions of that."

"Well, it was only for three minutes." Maddie turned to Buck with a serious look while Lindsey's eyes stayed down at her hands. Buck laughed as he said, "Come on. If I can't make a joke about dying, what's the point of living?"

Lindsey slammed the container of peanut butter on the counter, a bit hard than she meant to, and then quickly made her way upstairs. Not bothering to look at the Buckley siblings or say anything.

Buck looked over at Maddie with a confused look. Nudging her head towards the stairs, Maddie said, "Go talk to her. I'll finish up the groceries."

When Buck got upstairs, he could just make out the top of Lindsey's head. She was on the floor, leaning against the opposite side of the bed. "Linds?" He called out as he rounded the bed. When his eyes fell on her, he immediately moved to crouch down in front of her.

Her eyes were red as tears fell. Her knees were pulled to her chest and her hands were wrapped around. Her body was shaking from her silent sobs.

"Linds..." She looked up when she heard him call her name. She moved forward to wrap her arms around his neck, letting her body fall into his. She had taken him by surprise but he quickly responded by wrapping his arms around. "It's okay. I got you." He moved his hand through her hair as she cried into his chest.

When she had started to calm down, he pulled away a little to look at her, "Linds, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I just..." She trailed off as her gaze moved to her lap. Buck rubbed her back, encouraging her to keep talking. "Hearing you joke about what happened...it just, it struck a cord in me."