67

season 6 episode 4

Animal Instincts🚨

Animal Instincts
🚨

"So you just say yes to everything?" Maddie asked from her spot next to Lindsey. Maddie was typing away on her computer while Lindsey was texting Penelope. Buck was in Chimneys kitchen grabbing himself a drink.

"Yeah, he calls it radical acceptance." Buck answered, making his way back over to them. "What does that mean?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah, well, so his theory is that we've all become too comfortable in our lives, right? We...we go to the same jobs every day. We hang out with the same groups of people."

Lindsey's eyes looked up at him, "So you're saying you're getting sick of us." Her comment caused Bucks eyes to roll. Continuing, he said, "We eat at the same restaurants, we shop at the same stores. We don't do anything that makes us feel uncomfortable or that just scares us."

"What about running into burning buildings?" Maddie asked as she looked at the book Buck handed her. Ever since Bobby chose Hen as interim captain, Buck had started reading some of Bobby's books and they got him thinking about a lot of things.

"No," Buck shook his head, "it doesn't count. That's just work, you know? Before I came to LA, I had all these adventures. You know? I went new places, I tried new things, I met new people." Buck took a seat at the table as Maddie said, "That's cause you were searching for something. What are you looking for now?"

"That's what i'm gonna find out. By opening myself up to possibility."

Lindsey watched as a smirk formed on Maddies face, "Okay. What about this? You quit your job, become my nanny and then I can stop looking at these résumés." Buck laughed at her words, "That's gonna be a hard no."

Lindsey turned to Maddie, "I'm available on my days off if you ever need me to watch Jee." Maddie gave her a grateful smile, "I will definitely be taking you up on that offer."

"The Age of Absolutely isn't about dramatic life changes, and becoming your new nanny would feel like a dramatic life change." Buck explained. "Well, so does hiring one. They're all either 12 or potential serial killers." Maddie told them and Lindsey chuckled.

"Come on, don't limit them-they could be both." Buck joked and Maddie didn't seem to find it funny.

"I can have Penelope do some background checks, if that'll make you feel better." Maddie turned and placed her hand on Lindsey's arm, "I seriously love you!" Lindsey laughed again and grabbed Maddies hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Alright, I got to go. I'm meeting my old roommate Connor and his new wife for dinner tonight." Buck said as he stood up from his chair. He walked over to kiss Lindsey as Maddie asked, "Whoa, frat boy Connor? That guys got married?"