36

season 4 episode 8

Breaking Point
🚨

Lindsey and Buck were babysitting. Eddie was out on a date and he needed someone to watch Chris. Of course Buck and Lindsey offered.

They spent the night playing video games and watching movies. They even let Chris have some ice cream before bed, as long as he didn't tell his dad. Chris was super excited and gave them the title of Best Babysitters Ever.

Eddie had told them he'd be home in time to tuck Chris into bed but when it got to his bed time, Eddie still wasn't home. Lindsey offered to put Chris to bed while Buck cleaned up.

She pulled the comforter over him and sat down on the edge of his bed. "I'm sure your dad will be home any minute to say goodnight." Chris smiled at her, "I like when you and Buck hang out with me."

"We like hanging out with you too." She said, smiling back at him. "Are you and Buck gonna get married?" Chris's question almost made her fall off the bed, "Oh uh...I don't know. But what I do know is that I love him very much."

"Then I think you two should get married."

Lindsey's mind drifted for a moment. She pictured her and Buck married, living together, raising a family. It sounded perfect, really. They had been together for a little over a year and they were both almost thirty. She wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

"Maybe one day buddy," She leaned forward to kiss his head, "Goodnight."

As she stepped out of Chris's room she heard the front door close. "You're late." Buck said as both him and Lindsey walked over to meet Eddie. "There was construction on Sunset. Had to take a detour. Christopher already in bed?"

"Yep, just tucked him in." Lindsey told Eddie. "You're a miracle worker." Lindsey laughed at Eddie's words, "No, just good at making deals. I promised him I'd take him to the arcade this weekend if he got into bed."

"Ah, well, thanks for watching him." Eddie said as he made his way towards Christopher's room. Buck followed after him, "Uh, how...how was the big date?" A big smile formed on Eddie's face and Lindsey could see his cheeks turning red. "It was nice. She taught me math."

"Oh math? Very romantic." Lindsey teased and Eddie rolled his eyes. "How come you never teach me math?" Buck asked, turning towards Lindsey. "Well I didn't realize that math was a date requirement." Eddie shook his head at the two and walked into Christopher's room.

Buck and Lindsey laughed as they made their way out the door. The drive to Lindsey's was silent. A comfortable silence. Buck had the music playing quietly, his hand resting on her thigh as she looked out the window.