47

season 5 episode 5

Peer Pressure
🚨

Lindsey walked into her closet looking for a jacket. LA weather was normally pretty warm but today was different. It was a bit colder out. So before leaving for her run, she figured she should grab a jacket.

Looking through her closet, her eyes fell on a dark blue hoodie. Picking it up from the floor, she realized it was one of Bucks LAFD hoodies. She had stolen it from him one of the times that she was at his apartment. It had quickly become her favorite hoodie. But after the break up it has just been sitting on the floor, collecting dust.

Lindsey pulled the hoodie to her chest and dipped her head down. It still smelt like him. Memories came flooding back and she couldn't help but let a few tears fall.

She missed him, a lot.

She wanted to tell him the truth, so many times she wanted too. But the replicator is still out there, and doormat unfortunately. They hadn't gotten any more information on him and it was starting to worry Lindsey. What if they never caught him? What if he's planning something big?

These questions ran through her head every day and she prayed that they were gonna get something, anything that could help them find this guy. And she was hoping it was gonna be sooner rather than later.

"Still nothing?" Lindsey asked as she turned onto her street. "Still nothing. Though she has made a few transactions so i'm planning on following those. Are you sure you can't like...i don't know...hack her phone or something."

Lindsey let out a laugh at Chimneys words, "We've been over this Chim. You know I can't do that."

"I know, I know. Just thought I'd ask...again."

Lindsey pulled into her driveway and shut off her car. "Well I gotta go. You and Jee be safe out there, okay?" Chimney sighed, "We will, don't worry. I'll let you know if I find anything else." The two said their goodbyes and Lindsey hung up.

She gathered her things and hopped out of her car. She couldn't wait to get into bed. It had been a long day at work. It had been especially long due to the fact that she didn't have her partner with her.

Athena had taken some days off so then she could be with Harry, which Lindsey completely understood. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't miss her partner.

Stepping onto her porch, she noticed a white envelope with her name on it. She picked it up before unlocking her door and walking inside. She threw her things on the ground and opened the letter. Her eyes widened as she took note of what was written.

Zugzwang

Lindsey immediately grabbed her gun, her eyes scanning the room. She couldn't see anything, or anyone. Her eyes moved towards her window. It was dark out and she could barely see anything outside. Taking a breath, she looked back down at the paper. She was about to pull out her phone to call her team but a beeping noise caught her attention.

Stepping into her kitchen, she followed the beeping sound and found that it was coming from her counter. She took notice of what was on it. A bomb. And right next to it, a timer that was at 5 seconds.

Lindsey immediately turned around and sprinted towards her door. Right as she crossed the doorway, there was a loud bang and Lindsey felt herself get thrown forward. Her body flew to the ground.

There was a ringing in her ear and everything was blurry. Her whole body ached and she could barely move. She twisted her head and could just barely make out feet walking towards her. Using as much strength as she could, she tilted her head up. Her eyes, though it was blurry, trailed up the man's legs and stomach. But before she could get to his face, her vision started to waver. Everything started to spin and in a snap...

everything went black.

🚨
things are happening
tomorrow's chapter is gonna be interesting