12

season 3 episode 2

Sink or Swim
🚨

It was supposed to be her day off, but with everything that happened with Buck she needed to keep her mind busy and off of him. She decided to pick up an extra shift.

Most of the morning was pretty boring. There weren't many calls so she spent most of her time just driving around. And what made it even worse was Athena wasn't there. It was also her day off and unlike Lindsey, she used it.

She had heard over the radio that someone collapsed on the Pier. Though she wasn't necessarily needed, she figured checking it out would be better than just sitting around. Plus she wasn't far from the Pier.

When she arrived she saw the paramedics were already there and it seemed they were doing compressions. "Officer Scott," She introduced herself, "How's he doing?" asking one of the paramedics. "Unsure. He just collapsed. We are thinking it's possibly from the heat."

A beeping sound could be heard and Lindsey looked to see that the man had a pulse again. The team immediately got him on a gurney. Lindsey figured she should clear the crowd. "Shows over people!" She yelled as she shooed them away.

She felt could feel someone watching her. When she turned she was met with those familiar blue eyes. "Lindsey!" Her eyes shifted to Christopher who was standing next to Buck. She made her way over to him. She could feel Bucks eyes still on her as she crouched in front of Christopher. Giving him a big hug.

"I missed you!" He said and she smiled at him, "I missed you too! Are you having a fun day with Buck?" The boy nodded and then went on to tell her everything they've done so far. The whole time Bucks eyes were still on her.

"That sounds like so much fun!" She told Chris. "It is! You should come on a ride with us!"

"I'd love to buddy but I'm on duty right now. Maybe another time, ok?" He nodded and she stood up. "Well I better get going." She looked back at Buck but he still didn't say anything. "Bye Lindsey!" Chris said and she waved back at him.

She stopped to talk to Station 136. Lena Bosko filled her in on everything with the man. She said that he should be okay and it seemed to be a heat stroke from being in the sun too long wearing a costume.

As she was leaving the Pier a bunch of people started to run past her. Before she could even turn to look a siren sounded. Lindsey knew that siren, it was for a Tsunami. She turned to see the crowd of people running and her eyes widened. "Buck. Chris." She muttered.

She immediately ran back towards the Pier. "Buck! Chris!" She yelled as she ran. She didn't see them anywhere. "CHRIS! BUCK!" She yelled again. Her eyes scanned the area but it was hard to see with so many people running around.