54

season 5

Little L🚨

Little L
🚨

seven years ago...

The moment Lindsey got on the jet, she made herself comfortable. She sat in the corner, away from the others, as she stared out the window.

Her first day as a profiler was intense. While she did well, Jason Gideon even told her that, it had taken a lot out of her. She wasn't use to seeing dead bodies, and crime scenes, and crying relatives.

"Hey, you okay?" A voice asked and Lindsey turned her head to see Elle Greenaway take a seat opposite of her. "Yeah, i'm good." Lindsey told her as her eyes drifted back out the window.

"This was a tough first case, but you did good. You should have seen my first case, I was a stressed out mess." Elle told her with a laugh. Lindsey smiled, "Thanks. I mean, they prepare you for the bodies, the blood, the weapons, but they don't prepare you for the families."

Elle nodded, her hand twisted at her rings, "Yeah, they don't, do they. They really should."

"I just," Lindsey let out a sigh as she turned back to Elle, "I just keep hearing the mom's voice in my head. I can hear her crying and her voice breaking. It's like it's on a loop. Does it ever stop?"

"Eventually, but it never gets easier. You'll always hear them, but you'll learn to ignore it. To not let it affect you. And if you ever need someone to help silence the voices, i'm right here." Elle gave her a smile and Lindsey smiled back, "Thanks Elle."

"No problem, Little L."

"That is the fourth time that he has looked at you." Lindsey jumped at the voice in her ear. She turned to see Elle smirking at her. "What are you talking about?" Lindsey asked. Elle's smirk never left her face as she said, "That sexy detective over there can't keep his eyes off you."

Lindsey followed Elle's gaze to see a tall man looking at her. He had short brown hair and a light stubble across his face. She couldn't make out his eye color but she was sure his eyes were as gorgeous as he was. The man gave her a jaw dropping smile before turning back to talk with his colleagues.

"Ugh, he even has a sexy smile. A smile that was pointed towards you." Elle teased as she pointed her finger in Lindsey's face. "He was probably just being polite."