80

season 6 episode 15

Death and Taxes
🚨

Making their way towards the other officers, Athena grabbed her walkie, "Dispatch, this is 727-Adam-30 arriving at 3124 Glen Drive to provide assistance in arrest warrant."

"Copy, 727-Adam-30."

"So," Lindsey said as her eyes fell on the officer, "Who's today's lucky contestant?"

"Dominic Dawson. 47 year old male wanted for defrauding a homeless charity." Both women's faces twisted to confusion. "Dominic Dawson of Dawson Dream It foundation?" Athena asked.

"Got caught buying a yacht with the organizations money. They're saying he's a potential flight risk." The officer informed them. Lindsey let her eyes move towards the house. She could just make out movement in the upstairs window. "He's in there now. Second floor. So let's stop talking about it."

They made their way up to the door. "Police. Open up!" Athena yelled as Lindsey knocked. When there was no answer, they tried again. They still got nothing.

They moved out of the way while one of the other officers forced the door open. They made their way in and started to scan the rooms. Athena and Lindsey went up the stairs while the other officers covered the ground level.

They heard a noise coming from the master bathroom. They made their way over while Lindsey yelled, "Police. Come out with your hands up." They tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Open up the door, now."

They didn't get an answer. They set up to push open the door but before they could a voice called out, "Don't shoot. I'll be out in a minute."

The door open and the man stepped out with his hands up. Toilet paper was stuck to his shoe. "Really?" Athena asked as she looked at him.

"I'd give it a minute."

One of the officers grabbed the man's wrists and handcuffed him.

On their way to the station, Dominic Dawson wouldn't stop talking. "There sure were a lot of new people showing up back there."

Lindsey kept her eyes forward as she spoke, "Evidence division. We didn't just serve an arrest warrant. A search warrant came with it. Almost always does." Athena added, "I would think a man such as yourself would know that."

"You mean a thief such as myself, right? You know, last time I checked I was innocent till proven guilty."

"Is that why you're asking so many innocent questions?" Athena asked and he responded with, "I just don't like having people in my house."