63

season 5 episode 17

Hero Complex
🚨

No one said anything about that night at the hospital. Even if they wanted to, they didn't say anything. Buck didn't even say anything. He could tell that she was still angry, but decided to wait until she wanted to talk about it.

Lindsey pulled at her black dress. They had just gotten back from attending Claudette's funeral. Lindsey didn't know her, none of them did except for May, Eddie, and Josh, but she felt bad about what happened. So when Buck said that he was planning on going, Lindsey agreed to go with him.

After the funeral Lindsey and Buck went back with Eddie to his house. "Chris, hurry up. We still got to pick up Tía Pepa." Eddie called and then walked back into Chris's room where Lindsey and Buck were. They were both leaned up against Chris's desk, watching as Eddie packed up all of Chris's stuff.

"Shouldn't take that long to pack a toothbrush." They heard Eddie mutter. Lindsey's eyes shifted from her dress up to him. "Why don't you just take a later flight?" Buck asked and Lindsey nodded, "You were at a funeral. Your parents will understand."

Eddie turned to her with wide eyes and Lindsey sighed, "They should understand."

"What is the dress code at a retirement party? Tie is probably too much. It is my parents we're talking about. I'll just grab it all." Eddie said, mainly to himself.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Buck asked and Eddie sighed, "I have to go. My mom made this huge deal about this party. He did work at the company for 40 years. And Chris...He's excited to see everyone, he misses them."

"40 years," Buck said, "That's a long time. You said he was in oil, right?"

"Petroleum engineer. He spent his whole life driving across the state. Living everywhere but under his own roof with his own family."

Lindsey watched as Buck placed down the toy dinosaur he had been playing with, "Listen, uh, as someone who also comes from a screwed up family..."

"My family isn't screwed up." Eddie corrected and Buck gave him an 'are you serious?' look. Eddie sighed, "Okay, just my dad. Plan is get in, get out without any drama. Say congratulations, have some cake and...call it a day."

Lindsey squinted her eyes at him, "And what about when he starts to get in there and push your buttons?"

"There's a hotel 20 minutes away, three and a half stars. Chris is really gonna like the pool." He answered and then called out, "Chris!"