39

season 4 episode 11

First Responders
🚨

"Nice place you got." Elle said as she walked into Lindsey's home. They figured it would be best to talk in private. Lindsey wasn't sure what Elle had gotten herself into but she did know that whatever it is, it wasn't good.

"Oh, who's this?" Elle teased as she picked up the picture frame. It was a photo of Lindsey and Buck from Mays graduation party. They were both wearing crazy accessories. Lindsey had on a hot pink wig with a tiara on top of it. She had multiple necklaces on and a pom pom in her hand. Buck had on a black top hat, hot pink sun glasses and he had a ribbon in his hand. It was a funny photo. A stupid one really but Lindsey loved it because it showed their personalities. She loved it so much she couldn't bring herself to take it down.

"Uh, no one." She brushed it off and continued into her kitchen. Elle watched as she rummaged through her fridge and grabbed two bottles of water. "You're frazzled. That's not no one." Lindsey handed her one of the bottles with a laugh, "I'm not frazzled."

"Yeah, you are. I can see it all over your face. I was a profiler, you know?"

"Well that was 5 years ago. You're obviously confused and a bit rusty." Elle's jaw dropped at Lindsey's sass. Her look of shock quickly turned into a smirk, "I taught you well...but seriously who is that?"

Letting out a sigh, Lindsey said, "My ex. We dated for little over a year." Elle studied Lindsey's face, "What happened? Obviously he still means a lot to you if you still have that picture up. Did he break up with you?" Lindsey shook her head, "No uh, I actually broke up with him...a week ago."

"Why?" Elle leaned forward and lowered her voice, "Was he not good in bed?" Lindsey felt her face grow hot and she averted her eyes from Elle's who laughed at Lindsey's awkwardness. "Well i'll take that as a no."

"There's just...some stuff going on. I can't exactly talk about it but Buck was basically dragged into it and I don't want him getting hurt." Lindsey did her best to explain without giving too much information. "I'm guessing this stuff has to do with a certain behavioral analysis unit?"

"Maybe..." Lindsey trailed off and Elle seemed to understand.

"Buck? That's a weird name." She said, changing the subject. Lindsey laughed a little, "It's not his actual name, it's just a nickname. His real name is Evan. He's a firefighter. He was actually there last night at the scene."

Elle looked at Lindsey, an impressed look on her face. "A firefighter, huh? Damn, I really did teach you well."

"You basically taught me everything. You were my big sister, Elle. And then you just left. Didn't reach out, nothing." Lindsey watched as Elle's face dropped a bit but she covered it up quickly. "I didn't want to leave you, Little L. But I had too. The BAU just wasn't where I was supposed to be anymore. I wanted to reach out but I got involved with some people and it would have been too risky." Elle explained.