37

season 4 episode 9

Blindsided
🚨

Lindsey hadn't seen any of her friends since she broke up with Buck. She felt so guilty that she didn't think she could face anyone. She was sure that Buck had told his team which meant that Athena and Maddie also knew. So she kept her distance.

She spent her weekend alone. She was supposed to take Chris to the arcade, but she called to tell him she couldn't. Lindsey knew how much Chris loved Buck and she wasn't sure if Eddie told him what happened. Also, with the replicator still out there she didn't want to put him in any danger.

But when Monday came around and she had to go back to work, she knew she wasn't going to be able to hide any longer.

Walking into work was fine, until she saw Athena. Then her anxiety grew. "Morning Lindsey. We missed you over the weekend." Athena said to her, a smile on her face.

Lindsey felt her nerves disappear when she saw Athena's smile, "Yeah, sorry for leaving you hanging. I had some stuff I had to do." That was of course a lie. She spent her weekend on her couch watching tv and going over the file that Penelope had sent her. She looked through the photos and JJ was right. There were clear photos of her and Buck.

"Lindsey..." Athena said as she gave her a sad look. "Can we not talk about it right now...please." She couldn't. She didn't want to hear Athena's opinion on the break up. She didn't want to hear anyone's opinion or advice because it doesn't matter. She made her choice and she's sticking with it. She's doing it to protect him, all of them.

Lindsey was quiet most of the day, only talking when needed. She kept to herself, not engaging in conversation with Athena like she normally would. She wanted to keep her friends safe too, so if that meant putting some space between them and her than so be it.

"All units responding to incident on the 710."

Athena grabbed the walkie, "Dispatch, show 727-Adam-30 approaching crash site from the north side of the incident. We'll report back after we rendezvous with the incident commander."

"Copy that 727-Adam-30."

They pulled to see RA units had already responded. Looking at the trucks she saw the number 118 and her stomach twisted. She quickly pulled herself together. She was on duty, she can't let her emotions get in the way.

Athena and her made their way over to Bobby. "What's the count, Captain?" Athena asked. Bobby's eyes moved over to Lindsey for a moment before looking back at his wife. "Well, three casualties so far, at least a dozen injured."