28

season 4 episode 1

The New Abnormal🚨

The New Abnormal
🚨

7 months had passed and the world had taken a major turn. A pandemic had taken over and everyone's lives had changed. People stopped going out, everyone was wearing masks, hospitals were swamped with Covid patients. It became scary for many people but for Lindsey, not so much. Mainly because a month before the pandemic hit, her world came crashing down.

She knew something was wrong with Emily. From when she saw her working that case she knew something was up. She had asked her about it and Emily simply brushed her off, and Lindsey left her alone. Now she wishes she didn't.

It was a month after their case together when she got the call...

Lindsey watched as Athena handcuffed the man. They were on scene of a car accident. An accident that happened because of a drunk driver. The man tried to argue but the two women ignored him. Athena threw him in the police car and shut the door.

Lindsey felt her phone buzz and she looked to see who was calling her. Her eyes widened and Athena took notice, "Whose calling?" Lindsey looked up at her partner, "JJ."

"Wasn't she the one that was transferred?" Athena asked and Lindsey nodded. "Yeah, that's why I'm surprised. Because of her transfer we haven't exactly been able to be in much contact...you mind if I take this?" Athena shook her head, "No, go ahead. I got him." She said, referring to the drunk man.

Lindsey muttered a thanks. She started to walk away as she answered her phone. "Hey JJ! It's been like forever, i'm so glad you called!" Lindsey smiled at the 118 as she passed them. They had just finished getting the last person out of the car.

"Lindsey...It's Emily. She-"

Lindsey froze when she heard JJ finish her sentence. She couldn't move as she felt the world closing in on her. She could feel her heart start to race and her breathing increasing by the second. JJ had continued to talk but Lindsey couldn't hear what she was saying. It was muffled, everything around her became muffled. She desperately looked around at her surroundings but everything was going in and out of focus. Her breathing increased even more and then eventually, her legs gave out.

She felt herself fall but she never felt herself hit the ground. Someone had caught her. She could just barely feel their hands on her arms. Whoever caught her leaned over to look at her. Her vision cleared to a moment and she saw it was Eddie. He was saying something to her but she couldn't understand him. It sounded like she was under water.

Buck had turned around when he heard Eddie call out for Lindsey. He watched as she collapsed and Eddie caught her. He quickly ran over to the two. "Lindsey? Lindsey!" He said but she didn't respond. "What's going on?" He asked in a panic. He watched as her breathing continued to get frantic and her eyes kept darting around to different places.