2

season 2 episode 6

dosed
🚨

After her shift Lindsey had gone over to her parents house. Her mom had gotten back from her first round of chemo and she wanted to check and see how she was doing.

When Lindsey had first gotten the news of her moms cancer it had knocked her off her feet. Her mom had always seemed fine, health. So how was it possible that she could have cancer? Lindsey didn't understand that part but she didn't dwell on it too long. There was nothing she could do to change it.

After she got the news she went straight to Hotch. She was stuck on what she should do and she knew he would give her an honest answer. And he did. He told her she should go be with her mother.

It was a hard decision because she loved her job and her team, but she loved her mother too. So she agreed with Hotch and decided to leave Virginia.

Penelope was the next person to find out. One because she was Lindsey's best friend and two because she could help with the transfer. It was hard for Lindsey to tell Penelope she was leaving. There were lots of hugs and tears involved but Penelope agreed that it was the right choice.

Lindsey had originally thought that telling the rest of the team would be easy. Hotch and Penelope already knew, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But when she stood in front of them, all their eyes on her, she realized just how hard it actually was. It seemed like, in that moment, it clicked in Lindsey's brain that she was leaving. She was going to be moving across the country. She was going to be leaving behind the people she called family.

Needless to say, that day was a hard one for Lindsey.

When Lindsey had gotten to her parents house her mom was already asleep. So she caught up with her dad. She told him all about her new job and the people she's met.

"Are you happy?" He asked her.

Lindsey thought for a moment, "I just want mom to be ok. Plus it's only been a week, dad."

"I know but are you happy? You didn't have to come back here, don't get me wrong I'm happy you're here, but I just want to make sure you are happy with your decision."

"I mean I miss my team. Of course I do but I want to be here for mom. Plus this new job is actually a lot better than I thought. And these people are just so welcoming. I feel like I could actually have a place here." Lindsey explained. "So are you happy?"

"Yeah, I am."