24

season 3 episode 16

The One that Got Away🚨

🚨

Lindsey was working the night shift alone. She had picked up the extra shift to keep herself busy. Now that her mom was doing okay, she didn't have to go to a tone of doctors appointments so that left her with a lot of free time.

She never had this much free time at the bau. She honestly didn't know what to do with it. So, she decided to pick up more shifts. She liked to work and she liked her job, plus a little extra money could only benefit her.

There had been a call about an apartment fire. When she arrived she saw that 118 was already on the scene. She made her way over to the first person she saw, which happened to be Bobby. "How's it going?"

"Everyone's out except for one woman. Buck and Eddie went to get her. The only problem is the ladder won't reach, her hallway is engulfed in flames and so is the stairwell." Bobby told her as he stared up at the building. "Then how are they..." Her words trailed off as she saw two figures appear on the roof of the next building, "Oh my god." She muttered.

They watched as Buck and Eddie jumped from one roof to the other. Lindsey's eyes were glued on them, scared that if she looked away something might happen.

Buck had been lowered down to the woman's window. "I just want you to know, this was all his idea." Bobby told Lindsey. "That doesn't surprise me."

She watched as he pushed off the building and then swung through the window. Only seconds later he came back out with the woman. The two slowly started to come down the rope.

"Cap, the roof is gone." They heard Eddie say through the walkie. "Then Bucks gonna have to lower himself the rest of the way. You secure that rope, and you get out of there. Mitchel, Sanchez, get the airbag." Bobby told them.

"Come on Buck." Lindsey muttered as she watched him continue to climb down the rope. There was an explosion and fire burst from one of the windows above him. Then all of a sudden the rope snapped and Lindsey let out a gasp as she watched him and the woman fall.

Thankfully the airbag had been set up in time and they landed right on top of it. Bobby and Chimney helped the two back onto the ground. Once Buck was back on his feet Lindsey ran towards him. She immediately pulled him into a hug, taking him by surprise. "Oh thank god." She muttered as she squeezed him tighter.

He pulled away slightly to look down at her, "You're here? How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to see you jump onto a roof, fly through a window and fall from the sky. Don't you dare do that again!" She said as she moved her hands up to his face. With a laugh he said, "Uh it's kind of my job to do stuff like this."