17

season 3 episode 8

Malfunction
🚨

The warm Los Angeles air hit Lindsey as she stepped out of the airport. She checked her phone to see if Buck had texted her. He was going to be picking her up. The sun was beating down on her as she stood by the curb. She could feel herself starting to sweat and quickly removed her jacket. The fall in in Virginia was a lot colder than Los Angeles.

Lindsey had just gotten back from Virginia. She was there over the weekend for Haley's funeral. It was a hard weekend. A bitter sweet one. She loved getting to go back and see her friends. She just hated that it was under these circumstances. She was just happy that she was able to be there, not just for Hotch but for Jack too.

She had been so in thought that she didn't notice the jeep pull up in front of her. The sound of a car door snapped her out of her trance and she looked up to see her favorite blue eyes. "Hey Linds!" Bucks cheerful voice rang through her ears. She gave him a small smile, "Hi Buck."

She had been happy to be back with her friends but she desperately missed Buck, and she was only gone for two days. She found that anytime she was upset, if she thought about Buck it all went away. He had been nothing but sweet to her. He even offered to go with her but she convinced him to stay. He was supposed to work and she didn't want him to take any unnecessary time off.

"I missed you!" Buck said as he pulled her into a hug. Wrapping her arms around his neck she said, "I missed you more." Pulling away slightly, she placed a kiss on his lips.

"How are doing?" His eyes met hers and she sucked in a breathe. "I'm okay." He raised his eyebrow at her, as if he didn't believe her. "Really, I'm okay." She reassured him.

Buck grabbed Lindsey's suitcase, "Then let's get you home."

"Buck, you did not!" Lindsey said as she stared dumbfounded at what Buck was holding. He smirked, "Oh I did."

Her eyes squinted as she got closer to the cardboard cut out. "That's really him?" Buck nodded as he watched his girlfriend stare at the photo. "Oh Bobby's gonna kill you."

"Hey, it's his fault for telling us."

Lindsey's eyes were still on the cut out of young Bobby. "I can't believe he use to figure skate." Buck laughed, "I know right! What a loser!" Lindsey's eyes shot up to Buck and she raised her eyebrows, "I actually think it's really cool that Bobby was a figure skater. It's not a easy sport you know."