66

season 6 episode 2

Crash & Learn
🚨

Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, Lindsey made her way into the fire station. She watched as firefighters moved around the station. Some were checking the hoses, others were doing inventory, and her firefighter was making his way to her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Buck asked as he leaned down to peck her lips. She smiled into the kiss, pulling back she said, "Just thought I'd stop by. Wanted to drop these off." She gestured to the container of brownies in her hand.

"You made brownies?!" He said excitedly as he reached for the container. She immediately pulled it away from him, "Uh, these aren't for you." A frown made its way onto Bucks face, "Then who are they for."

"You're Captain. Now, where is she?"

Buck sighed before answering, "She's on the couch trying to get as much studying as she can done before our next call." Rising up on her toes, she kissed Buck again. She muttered a "Thanks," onto his lips before pushing past him and up the stairs.

"Captain Wilson, I have a surprise for you!" Lindsey called when she saw Hen on the couch, multiple papers around her. "Lindsey? What is this?" Hen asked as Lindsey handed her the container. She opened it up to see what was inside, "Your famous brownies!"

Lindsey smiled down at her, "Thought a sweet treat might help you get through all this...how are you doing by the way?"

Hen was taking over as interim captain while Bobby was gone. Both him and Athena were supposed to be on their cruise but things changed when Athena's dad was injured. So the two had drove out to be there for him and Athena's mom. Bobby had ended up choosing Hen to cover for him.

Lindsey knew that Hen was stressed. The job was already stressful enough. Along with the job, Hen was in school to become a doctor. She had homework, and studying, and exams to do. Now on top of all of that she had to be captain.

"I'm good, busy. Very busy, but good. When we aren't on call, i'm studying. When I get off work, i'm studying. When i'm not at work, i'm at class. It's just been nonstop." Hen explained. She let out a sigh and her hand moved to rub against her head. "Well if anyone can do it, it's you." Lindsey said and Hen smiled.

"I think that once Bobby gets back and you have a little more free time, we need to go out for drinks." Lindsey suggested and Hen immediately nodded, "I am all for that idea."

Lindsey let out a sigh as she leaned back into the couch. They had finally gone shopping over the weekend and found a new couch. One that was much more comfortable than their previous couch. Much more durable as well.

She adjusted her grip on the book in her hand as she stretched her legs out across the couch. She had gotten off of work a few hours ago and she had some time to spare before Buck would be home. So she grabbed her book, Little Women, and decided to start reading it.

As she turned the page she heard the sound of the front door open and close. She didn't say anything, her eyes still stuck in her book. She stayed that way until she heard footsteps getting closer to her. She looked up at her boyfriend and found a tired and sad look on his face. A look she knew all too well.

"Rough day?" She asked, giving him a small smile. He just nodded his head at her question. Closing her book, she said, "Come here." And she gestured for him to join her on the couch.

She didn't have to tell him twice. He quickly made his way over to her and took the spot next to her. She opened her arms and he leaned his body into her. He let out a sigh as he rested his head on her shoulder. She moved her left hand up to run through his hair and she placed a soft kiss against his head.

They stayed there for a while, in each other's arms. They didn't say anything. They didn't need to. Just being with one another was enough.

🚨
a short filler chapter

thank you for all your answers. I have made a decision and I think most of you will be happy with it but that's not gonna come for a little while

also i am planning out another evan buckley book that i am very excited for but i am forcing myself to wait until i finish this season of this book
but i may give you all a sneak peek soon
😉