Chapter 7

After the introduction, Hinari at least had some information about her classmates. She had memorized the chakra of everyone who had spoken so that she could recognize them. As if by magic, her eyes had also memorized the outlines of the people. Naruto Uzumaki was the person with the strongest chakra. Although she knew what was going on, she didn't think Naruto as a person was bad at all. Even if he wasn't sick or blind, he had a similar problem to her own.

He was an outcast, a boy without friends. He was shunned because he was different. And that was precisely why Hinari knew exactly how he must feel. Although she had Sasuke, Itachi and Shisui, she had no other friends her own age. Hinari was more or less blind and was different, just like him. Maybe they could become friends if she asked him.

"Hinari Uchiha, would you please come to the front?" Iruka asked, making the girl swallow slightly. What, she had to go to the front? "You can do it." Sasuke whispered softly, helping Hinari to gather her courage.

With the help of her chakra, she ran down the small steps until she reached her sensei, who held something out to her. She took the small shadow in front of her without even knowing what it was.

It felt slightly hard in her hand. A strange sensation was noticeable between her index finger and thumb. She panicked inwardly as she caught the smell of chalk with the help of her nose. "Sasuke, help!"

"You can see the angle of a kunai on the blackboard. But do you know how to throw it to hit the target?" Iruka asked the group.

He didn't want to ask Hinari straight away, but wanted to ask his classmates to help the Uchiha. Cooperation was one of the things the students had to learn. That way, Hinari could be sure that someone would always help her.

"No one?" he asked, looking at one student in particular who had already completed the task. Shikamaru Nara, who, like his father, was very clever. But he could see from his face that he wasn't very keen on this lesson.

Iruka exhaled quietly. This class would be more work for him than he thought. At least Naruto, who had also turned away from the lesson, remained silent. "Why don't they ask Hinari?" asked a girl who was none other than Sakura. "Well, I wanted to ask you first if anyone knows the answer."

Hinari panicked even more now. Her eyes barely recognized the lines on the board she was trying to look at. If she turned her head to the side several times now or stood differently, it would be immediately obvious that something was strange about her.

"Hinari? Do you know?" Her eyes widened and she was glad at that moment that her back was turned to her classmates. The whole room was silent. No one dared to say anything, which was more because the students were waiting for Hinari to do something. "I...ehm..." she started and heard a few laughs behind her back. It hurt her heart that she had just been laughed at.

"She doesn't know." Ino laughed, igniting even more feelings in Hinari that she never wanted to have. "Or she doesn't realize the task ahead of her." Sakura added. If only she knew at that moment that Hinari really didn't realize it.

Sasuke was furious. How dare they laugh at his girlfriend! She couldn't help it at all! "Stop laughing!" he shouted at the girls, who were immediately silent. At least the boys in the class weren't quite so mean. Although Sasuke had seen their smirks, he was more angry at the girls.

Naruto also looked at the Uchiha who had defended Hinari. For some reason, he had the feeling that Hinari was hiding something. Why was Sasuke protecting her like this? Was she his sister? They looked nothing alike. Their eyes were different, though. They weren't as black as his. What was the reason why Hinari was so afraid?