Chapter 94

The next few days and weeks were quite uneventful. The whole village was built up more and more, so that the inhabitants soon had their own apartments again. Hinari had immediately tried to get an apartment in her old place and although Shikamaru had invited her to stay with him, she had politely declined. Of course, Hinari was at her boyfriend's house most of the time, but she didn't want to give up her old apartment that she once had with Sasuke.

Hinari had furnished the apartment as best she could as it had been. At least with the items she had found at the market or in stores. She had also furnished Sasuke's room as close as possible to his old room and was visibly satisfied with the result.

Kakashi didn't have it easy either, as he was soon to be appointed Hokagen and had many appointments with the other Kage regarding the future. At the same time, Tsunade had been working for a long time to develop an arm for Naruto from Hashirama's cells so that he could continue to be a shinobi. However, Sasuke had flatly refused, for whatever reason. Hinari had teased him for fun that he couldn't cook for her with one arm. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that funny to tell him that in the dungeon.

And after several months of waiting, Sasuke was finally released. Tsunade had decided to keep him locked up for a while so that he could think about everything and what his future should look like. As nice as Kakashi was, he had taken the Uchiha out of the dungeon and brought him to an apartment, which he visibly scrutinized.

Sasuke had decided to leave the village for a while to find himself. However, he had promised to come back if anything should happen and would work in the background as a spy, just as Itachi had once done. "Why are we here?" "You'll see in a moment."

Kakashi had received the spare key from Hinari because she thought that he would take good care of it as Hokage. Slowly, the Hatake opened the door and let Sasuke step inside first. "What..." the Uchiha breathed as he looked around. "That looks..." "Hinari tried everything to recreate your old apartment. She thought that you would feel more comfortable in Konoha." Kakashi explained and looked around as well. Sasuke was touched by Hinari. She really was a piece of gold.

"But why did you bring me here?" Sasuke asked, confused. Kakashi knew what he was up to. "Well, Hinari certainly bought a few things for you that you could use on your journey." The Uchiha just nodded and walked towards the closed door, which he slowly opened. As he looked around, he realized that Hinari had actually managed to fix up his old room. Although Konoha had been completely destroyed, she had managed to recover some photos, which were now hanging on his wall.

It warmed his heart and when he opened the closet, there were indeed some blue and black clothes with the Uchiha crest on them. In the corner of the closet was his katana, which Hinari had tucked away well, which Sasuke immediately took out. "When you see her, you should thank her."

Sasuke could only nod. Kakashi was right. He had to thank Hinari for all this. He realized more and more now that she didn't need him like she used to. From now on, Hinari could take care of herself without anyone having to see for her. The Uchiha had certainly started cooking, as she had never done it herself. From now on, Hinari was independent, which Sasuke was happy with. Although, he had liked taking care of her. To be there for her. It was his job, which he always wanted to do for himself. Unfortunately, Shikamaru would probably take over this task, as Hinari had said. That lazy bastard had actually managed to get Hinari's heart.

Sasuke stopped in front of the gate with Kakashi and looked at Sakura, who was saying goodbye to him. Just like back then, she had tried to persuade him to let her come with him. However, he hadn't knocked her unconscious like back then, but tapped her forehead with his finger.

Sakura was visibly confused about this and would soon ask Hinari what it meant. However, she wondered where the Uchiha was. Had she not noticed that Sasuke wanted to leave? 

Sakura looked somewhat sadly after the Uchiha, who was getting smaller and smaller and had finally reached the forest. Now it was time to wait for him to come back. Inwardly, Sakura hoped that he really would come back and panicked for a moment. The thought of Sasuke not coming back immediately shook her out of her head. No, she had to trust him now. This time, Sasuke would definitely come back!