Chapter 16

Hinari had thanked Iruka and Naruto several times. She would never have thought that her sensei would still have assigned her. At that moment, the Uchiha was even more determined to show the shinobi that even a blind ninja was capable of carrying out missions and battles.

Even when the genin also had to wait for their sensei, Hinari had thanked Naruto, who had turned slightly red around the nose and giggled. No one had ever thanked him before. Hinari didn't know that he was blushing. She didn't think it was natural to simply help and had made this clear to him.

"Hinari, come before we're too late." Sasuke said after he had rejected Sakura a few minutes later. She was just annoying. "Huh? Is it that time already?" the Uchiha asked. Had she really been talking to Naruto for so long? "Yes, come on." he said curtly and ran ahead.

Although it looked to Sakura and Naruto as if Hinari didn't even know where she was going, she ran after Sasuke without any problems. She didn't even sway, but ran along the path like a normal person. The Haruno had already guessed from Hinari's explanation that she was using her chakra for this. How else could she follow Sasuke so well?

Back in the classroom, the genin waited for their sensei. One by one, they were picked up, leaving only team 7. Hinari wondered why her sensei was late. Had he already realized that he now had four students? Was he late because of her?

The Uchiha tried not to panic. There could be several reasons why he wasn't here yet. Perhaps he had another mission to complete beforehand.

"As if a jonin would fall for that." Sasuke said. "We'll see about that." Naruto said with a grin and stuck a sponge between the door. Less than a minute later, the door was opened and Hinari could only hear a sound that said something had been hit. A laugh sounded, which came from Naruto. "You fell for it!"

"My first impression of you...little kids." the man muttered and asked the genin to come to the balcony. He hadn't even taken a good look at his students and therefore didn't yet know that four were present. It was only when he turned to them on the balcony and saw them sitting on the stairs that he froze.

He looked at the girl who was talking to the jonin. The Hokage didn't know what he wanted to do with her. So Iruka had decided to assign her to him. Never before in his career as a shinobi had he been allowed to meet such a person.

 "Very well, please introduce yourselves." said the jonin. "Huh? What are we supposed to say?" "Nah, what you like and what you don't like or something..." Hinari had to smile a little. This jonin sounded a bit helpless. He'd probably never had a good team before. "Why don't you start?" Naruto grumbled and crossed his arms.

The jonin exhaled softly. All right, then he would introduce himself first. "My name is Kakashi Hatake. I like a lot of things. What I don't like...I can't tell you that. My dream...well, I've never thought about that."

What a lot of information, the genin thought to himself and looked at the jonin. "All right, then you start." Kakashi said to Naruto, who thought for a moment. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. I love noodle soups, especially those from Ichiraku's noodle soup restaurant. What I don't like is when you have to wait too long for your noodles to be ready. And my dream is to become Hokage one day! Then I'll be respected by everyone!"

Hinari was surprised by his dream. Naruto actually wanted to become Hokage? Did he know how exhausting this position could be? While she was thinking about it, she hadn't even noticed Sakura's introduction. She probably hadn't said too much, which was why Hinari didn't mind being absent.

"Sasuke Uchiha, who or what I like is Hinari alone. What I don't like doesn't exist. My goal is to kill someone." said the Uchiha tersely and Hinaru knew exactly who he was talking about. "Itachi, you promised to visit me..."

Kakashi looked at the Uchiha. He couldn't say anything. At the moment, Sasuke was focused on a goal. Maybe it would change if he worked in a team.

Hinari knew that it was her turn now and lifted her head slightly to look at Kakashi. For a brief moment, she could make out grayish hair, stretched up a little with a headband. "Hinari Uchiha. I like many things, as well as Sasuke and Onigiris. What I don't like, I've never thought about. And my dream...I don't know, but if it were possible, then to be able to see something."

Kakashi looked at the girl. Her dream was to be able to see properly? Even if it was a beautiful dream, it was impossible. Hinari was born almost blind. She could never be given sight.

"Well then, I'll end today. I'll meet you at training ground 3 tomorrow at 5 a.m. Oh, and it's better if you don't have anything in your stomach. It might come up again."