Chapter 9

The last lesson was a practical exercise that the students had to try. Not only did they have to throw kunai and shuriken, but they also had to demonstrate their stamina.

Iruka took the opportunity to see which students had to practise their stamina. Some stood out to him and to his surprise, Hinari was one of the best, if not the best. He had noticed that she was leaking chakra onto the floor. It was clever of her to create help for her eyes. Not a single obstacle was a problem for the Uchiha. She was also the best at throwing kunai, closely followed by Sasuke.

If he didn't know that her brother had trained her, he would have thought she was a natural. Maybe she was in her own way. Iruka didn't know anyone who was blind or nearly blind.

It was a challenge even for him, which he gladly accepted. He wouldn't have to worry much about Hinari when it came to ninjutsu. She had the chakra under control. But unfortunately it wasn't the same with all the other students. There was still a lot of work to do.

"Where are you going Nii-chan?" Hinari asked her brother, who was strapping on his kuna bag. "I'm meeting Itachi in a few minutes." "Oh, can I come with you?" she asked immediately and heard a warm laugh. "Sorry, my little sunshine. We're doing something on our own today."

Pouting, Hinari looked up at her brother. It was mean that she wasn't allowed to go. "Don't be sad. We'll do something together again soon, okay?" smiled Shisui, who squatted down in front of his sister. "Nah gooood."

Shisui looked at his sister. He couldn't tell her why he was meeting Itachi. "Come on, I'll take you to Sasuke." Hinari looked at her brother, beaming. Even though she wasn't allowed to go with him, she was happy to be allowed to see her best friend.

Amused, Shisui took her hand and ran out of the house. He knew that Itachi had already gone ahead. The meeting was in a few hours, so he could do something before he saw Itachi.

Arriving at the house, Sasuke had already pulled open the front door and was happy to see Hinari here. "Hinari! Come on, let's practice with the kunais!"

Hinari happily accepted the offer and looked at her brother, who had crouched in front of her again. "Please be careful." he asked and heard a small laugh. "I'm always careful, Nii-chan."

He gently tossed her hair. "I love you, little sunshine." "I love you too Nii-chan!" Hinari replied happily and felt his warm lips on her forehead.

Hinari waited until Shisui was no longer standing in the same alley until she entered the house with Sasuke. The moment she stepped on the doorstep, she didn't realize that today was the very last time she would see her brother.