Chapter 52

Almost two more days passed before the team arrived at the bridge. The day before, they had spent the night in a hostel and rested before meeting the spy. In the process, Naruto had really hit it hard and burnt Yamato's money.

Now they had arrived at the bridge and even Naruto had decided to work with Sai at least a little. After all, he was still part of their team. Together with Sakura, Hinari sat behind a bush and waited for the spy to show up. Actually, she could just ask Itachi who the spy was supposed to be. After all, Akatsuki still hadn't realized that he wasn't really one of them. "There he is." Sakura whispered and Hinari looked at a person under a cloak.

Excited to see what would happen, the team looked at the bridge and widened their eyes when the spy turned out to be Kabuto. He was a spy from Akatsuki?! But something couldn't be right. Why would he betray Orochimaru? Kabuto was his right-hand man.

When their plan was blown because of Orochimaru, the four of them stood on the bridge. "Where's Sasuke!" Naruto shouted angrily and Orochimaru just grinned at him. "He's still fine. But soon I'll be able to have him as my vessel." These words made Naruto even angrier. "Don't talk about him like he's an object!" As he shouted these words, Naruto was enveloped in a red chakra, which Hinari could feel on him several times before. This was the chakra of the Kyuubi. "Naruto, calm down." she tried to say, but did not hear him.

Naruto quickly sank onto all four of them while the red chakra tails formed. A roar could be heard from his mouth, which created a small shockwave and the bridge began to shake. "Naruto!" Hinari asked again and was completely ignored by his anger. Without him realizing it, the chakra tails moved around and flung the Uchiha away from him. "Hinari!" Sakura shouted, realizing herself that she was in trouble.

Hinari only heard Sakura screaming for her before everything went black around her. She didn't realize that Naruto had completely lost his control and was fighting Orochimaru. It was only when she woke up again and saw Sakura's healing that she realized what had happened. "What about..." "Yamato was able to calm him down again. But Orochimaru and Kabuto fled. Sai went after them." Sakura explained to her friend, who slowly sat up.

Her head was pounding, her body ached and just now she realized how dangerous the chakra of a bijuu was. "Yamato is talking to Naruto right now." Slowly Hinari nodded and gave a short hiss as Sakura healed her side. She was really glad she knew medical jutsus. "What's the plan?" asked Hinari and was immediately addressed by Yamato. "A wooden doppelganger has followed Sai. We'll go after him. I want to know what he's up to."

Hinari could understand the jonin. She would also want to know why Sai had gone with him. With Sakura's help, she stood up and exhaled briefly before stretching to see if anything still hurt. "He's not a simple chunin, is he?" Hinari asked the brown-haired man, who nodded briefly. "Yes, he belongs to Anbu Ne, which is subordinate to Danzo."

Hinari's eyes widened. Danzo?! That bastard who took Shisui's eye?! If she got her hands on him, he could experience something! "Hinari, are you all right?" asked Sakura, recognizing her angry look. "Yes, everything's fine." she growled slightly and lifted her head up. "We shouldn't waste any time." Yamato said and finally set a good pace to catch up with Sai.

That same day, just a few hours later, Sai had reached the hideout with Orochimaru and Kabuto. Not much longer and he was able to carry out Danzo's plan without any problems. All he had to do was find Sasuke, which certainly wouldn't take long. He had barely reached the cave when someone was already sitting on a small stone staircase. "You kept me waiting."

Grinning, Orochimaru looked at the person, whose red Sharingan eyes were all that could be seen. "I brought company." "I don't care." came back coldly. Training was more important to him than anything else. "Hello, I'm Sai." "I don't care."

Sai glared at the red eyes. How could he not care who was standing in front of him? Maybe he should try something else. "Naruto's looking for you." Sasuke's eyes scrutinized the newcomer closely. He knew Naruto? "I belong to Team 7 from now on. They speak highly of you. And from the looks of it, Naruto won't give up on finding you."

Sasuke laughed briefly and stood up. "He can wait a long time. I'm not going back to Konoha." Sasuke spoke and turned around. "I'll wait for you in the training room." came coldly from the Uchiha, who had addressed Orochimaru. He had had to wait too long for him.

But after just a few steps, he heard the voice of this Sai again, who looked weak. Someone like that should replace him? Never. "A certain Hinari Uchiha almost killed me when I called you weak. Her Mangekyou Sharingan is extremely interesting."

Sasuke had to smile. So Hinari had reprimanded him. How he would have liked to see that. He missed her, day after day. But soon he was ready and he could defeat Itachi. So he could go back to Hinari. He hoped that she could cope without him. Sasuke didn't know that Hinari had been able to see for almost two years. But he would soon find out when she stood in front of him.