Chapter 91

Back in Konoha, the seriously injured were taken to the hospital. Hinari was one of the first to be treated, as she had also insisted on it. She knew that Sasuke and Naruto were being treated at the same time. The urge to see them was greater than her tired body, which was supposed to be resting. But what she didn't realize was that Sasuke had been taken to a dungeon after his treatment.

"Hinari, you mustn't get up." said Sakura, who had visited her briefly. "I have to go to..." "They're fine. They said themselves that you need to rest first." Hinari looked a little offended at her best friend. "Don't look at me like that Hinari! You got the worst of it because you acted alone again!"

Hinari bit her lower lip and had to admit that Sakura was right. She had faced Madara alone and had been dead for a few minutes, just as she had been told. "It's okay, but stop yelling at me like that." The Uchiha muttered and was handed a liquid. "For the pain." Sakura just said and watched Hinari drink it without resistance.

"I'm going to check on Naruto and I'm warning you Hinari. If you don't stay in bed, I'll beat you up until you really can't move anymore!" Grumbling slightly, Hinari looked at the pink-haired girl, who left the room immediately. Slightly annoyed, the Uchiha exhaled and looked up at the white ceiling. Did she really have to lie here?

"Why are you staring at the ceiling like that?" asked a voice that made Hinari smile. "Because it's boring." she admitted and looked at her boyfriend, who had sat down on the edge of the bed. "Boring?"

"I'm not allowed to leave the bed, even though I want to see Naruto and Sasuke." Hinari mumbled to herself and felt a gentle handshake. "As for Sasuke. He's been locked in a dungeon until they decide what to do with him now." "Please what?!" "Tsunade wanted to wait until you and Naruto were better. After all, you belong to Team 7."

Hinari swallowed slightly. Did she really have to decide with the others what would become of Sasuke? "Besides, there's still a funeral service."

When Shikamaru had told her this, she could see his sad face. She gently placed her hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry." She whispered. She had completely forgotten that his father and Ino's father had died. But that wasn't the only thought she had. "How is Neji?"

Smiling, Shikamaru looked at his girlfriend and took her hand, which was on his cheek, in his. "He survived thanks to you and is being annoyed by Lee." Hinari began to laugh softly. She could well imagine that Lee was annoying the Hyuga. Even though Neji had never admitted it, he liked the suit. They were comrades and could rely on each other. It might not be comparable to Sasuke and Naruto, but Neji and Lee were similar.

"Get well first, will you?" Shikamaru asked when he could see how tired Hinari actually was. He could understand that she wanted to see her friends, but she had to take care of herself. Hinari nodded briefly before finding a position where she could sleep, holding Shikamaru's hand tightly. "I've seen Shisui and Itachi and talked to them. Besides, my brother told me that my parents are proud of me." Hinari mumbled tiredly and received a small smile from her friend.

"That's nice to hear." Briefly feeling his handshake, he looked at his friend. "Will you stay with me?"

The way it sounded coming out of her mouth, it wasn't just a request. Hinari was worried that she would be alone if she closed her eyes. "Don't worry. I'll stay with you until you're awake again." Shikamaru promised, causing Hinari to exhale in relief and finally close her eyes. "Thank you." The Uchiha whispered and felt a gentle pressure on her forehead.

"Thank you for surviving and for being with me."