Chapter 73

Shortly after Hinari made her way to her hut, she was grabbed by the arm and pulled around the corner. Just as she was about to start beating the person up, she looked into the face of her friend, who gave her a slightly reprimanding look. So he knew what she had done. "You deserved it..." she muttered and looked away from Shikamaru. "You could have solved it differently." he said and smirked slightly. "I see, and how? With a shogi part?" Shikamaru looked at his girlfriend with a laugh. She was actually right. Hinari would have found no other solution than to put the Anbu-Ne into a genjutsu. It was silly to think that she would have handled it normally. "Yeah yeah, laugh it up." Hinari grumbled and felt his fingers under her chin, which turned her head towards him. "I'm sorry. I should have known you had your own way of finding a solution."

Her eyes gazed into his and exhaled softly. "Well, maybe I shouldn't have put her in the strongest genjutsu..." Hinari confessed softly, feeling his lips on hers. After a short time, the Nara broke away and although the kiss hadn't lasted long, Hinari had to smile. "You certainly deserve it." "Oh, they did." Hinari laughed and leaned slightly against the wooden wall behind her. "There will be war." she said, sensing his questioning look. "What do you mean?"

Hinari gently bit her lip and felt his hand in hers to pull her along. Their path led them to a house that was almost finished and they sat on the roof after a short climb. "I guess the others will find out soon too." Shikamaru estimated, which made Hinari nod. She told him what Kakashi had told her and what had happened to Sasuke. Everything Hinari felt was a burden, she revealed to her friend, who had listened to everything calmly.

Shikamaru looked thoughtfully at the sky. So it was already time for war. Kakashi had probably already told the elders, who had called all the clan leaders together while he was sitting here. But one thing became clear to him. Hinari couldn't get Sasuke back, no matter what she tried. "Leave him to Naruto. He'll be fine." "I know..."

Hinari started to smile slightly and looked at her boyfriend. She was glad he didn't approach her about her feelings. He knew she would talk if she had to. Shikamaru didn't push her and gave her the time she needed. "Thank you." she breathed softly, causing the Nara to smile. He knew exactly what she was thanking him for. "That's obvious." he said and turned his head towards her. Just as Hinari was about to place her lips on his, the sun that was shining on the two of them disappeared, causing her head to rest slowly on her neck. "Huh?"

Two jonin jumped above their heads, fighting in the air and throwing objects at each other, which was not normal. Hinari had to blink several times before she realized who it was. Kakashi and Guy, who jumped onto the other roof and ran on. The couple looked after them questioningly. "What was that?" asked Shikamaru, which Hinari herself didn't know. Everyone knew that the jonin always had competitions, but they had never had a race. Even if Kakashi never admitted it, Guy was a friend to him.

It was quiet for a moment until Hinari started to laugh. It amused her that the jonin were acting like children and were now having a competition that she didn't even know what it was about. Shikamaru had to laugh automatically, even if it was a little quieter. This girl really made him happy.

You could tell that the Nara showed more emotion with Hinari. With her, he often laughed and talked about his thoughts. But when he was alone, he was once again the Nara that everyone knew. The quiet Shikamaru who thought about everything and couldn't make sense of some things. He looked at the clouds and forgot about the world around him. All these things were blown away by the Uchiha, except for the moments when Hinari wanted to look at the clouds herself.

But at that moment, when Shikamaru realized all this, he fell silent. "Shikamaru?" asked Hinari, who had immediately recognized his feelings. "If we're in the middle of a war and we have to fight with everything we have, then I don't want you to put yourself in unnecessary danger." Hinari smiled softly and took his hand in hers. "I am an Uchiha and can endure a lot. There's a lot you don't know. I have trained hard for a reason. I'm the least you have to worry about."

Shikamaru raised his head. It was true, he didn't know what Hinari could do. No one knew that. He didn't even know if she had her Susanoo complete. "Naruto is the one we have to protect the most." Hinari added. "Him and the eight-tailed one." The Nara nodded briefly. If Madara got the last of the Jinchuurikis, then it would be the end. "Take care of yourself anyway, if we can't fight together," he asked his friend. he asked his girlfriend, "I promise."

Despite her promise, why couldn't Shikamaru shake the feeling that she was putting herself in danger? Why did he feel so afraid for Hinari?

Hinari herself also realized that she would not keep her promise and felt the fear that Shikamaru had. She belonged to Team 7 and was also an Uchiha. Her training would pay off and protect her friends. The friends who were always there for her, who accepted her and showed her the right way.

The friends she could never let down. She wanted to do everything she could to ensure that none of them had to lose their lives. Hinari wanted Shisui and Itachi's deaths not to be in vain. She wanted to bring peace, no matter what she had to sacrifice for it.