Chapter 21

A laugh could be heard from the nukenin looking down at the jonin. He knew who he was, so it would be a pleasure for him to eliminate him. "Then I guess I'll have to defeat you first."

"You stay with Tazuna. I'll take Zabuza." Kakashi spoke and stood in front of his students. "But sensei..." "I won't let any of my team die." The jonin smiled under his mask and looked at Zabuza. His hand slid to his headband before he lifted it. "The Sharingan..." Hinari heard her best friend whisper. So Kakashi had to use it now? "Stay close behind me and protect Tazuna.", Kakashi ordered before he jumped into the fight.

Hinari could barely keep up with her chakra. Kakashi and Zabuza moved quickly and kept forming finger signs. The doppelgangers also became harder to tell apart. "Be careful!" shouted Kakashi as the mist appeared. The thick veil clouds surrounded the ninjas. "I can't see anything." Sakura said quietly, standing close to Tazuna.

So the fog must be so thick that no one could see anything. Hinari saw the light white color that surrounded her. She was the only one who could see anything. Concentrating, she let her chakra flow into the earth. Was she actually allowed to use her Sharingan now? She had briefly thought about it, but her fingers were much faster. "Hinari?" came anxiously from Sakura.

"Jutsu of the flaming fireball!" she shouted and blew the red flames forward, to the place where a person was located. She knew it wasn't Kakashi. A laugh rang out. "So someone of you can see through the fog." That voice clearly belonged to Zabuza.

Sasuke pulled out a kunai to support Hinari if necessary. But this was not necessary as the fog lifted and Kakashi took over the fight again. Kakashi was a good shinobi and fighter, but the Sharingan robbed him of too much energy and he hadn't been paying attention for a moment. Zabuza had used the moment to lock the jonin in a water prison.

"We have to do something!" shouted Naruto, who leaned on the nukenin and was thrown back. "Stay out of this! Flee, you don't stand a chance!" shouted Kakashi from the water ball. However, he had not reckoned with Naruto.

The Uzumaki would never run away now. "I have an idea." "You have an idea?" Sasuke asked, raising his eyebrow. Since when did this idiot have ideas? "Why don't you listen to him first?" Hinari asked the Uchiha, causing him to nod.

After Naruto explained his plan, Sasuke didn't think it was so bad. Maybe it could work. Naruto attacked the nukenin again and deliberately let himself be hit. While he was thrown back, he pulled out a giant shuriken. "Here Sasuke!"

The Uchiha quickly grabbed the weapon, spread out the blades and took a swing. With full force, he shot the giant shuriken at Zabuza, who could only grin. He easily dodged the weapon and laughed. As if he could be defeated with such a pathetic attack. However, he hadn't expected the shuriken to transform into Naruto, who threw a kunai at him.

In order to dodge, Zabuza had to release the jutsu he had Kakashi trapped in and jumped back a few meters. "Well done Naruto and Sasuke! I'll take over again from now on!" shouted Kakashi and stood opposite Zabuza. At the same time, they began to form the finger signs, with Kakashi being slightly faster. "Water style, water dragon!"

Two water dragons shot up out of the water and collided with each other. The water created waves and almost drowned Naruto if Kakashi hadn't saved him. Zabuza was swept away by the water and crashed into the nearest tree.

"Is that it?" asked Tazuna, looking down at the nukenin. "Not quite." Kakashi replied and ran towards Zabuza. Just before he did, he was hit with a senbon needle. "I'll take it from here," said a young voice behind an Anbu mask. He must have been from Kirigakure.

The Anbu took Zabuza's arm over his shoulder, thanked the ninjas and disappeared. Hinari thought about it for a moment. Shouldn't an Anbu kill his victim on the spot? "Sensei Kakashi!" shouted Sakura as he faltered. "Don't worry, I just need some rest." he said.

"My house is very close by. You can rest there." Tazuna said and ran forward with Kakashi, who was being supported.