Chapter 39

Hinari didn't have to wait long for the medical ninjas who had brought her to the hospital. Although she wanted to accompany Naruto, she couldn't. She was unable to think properly and probably had to rely on the team. Shikamaru had asked the girl to wait by the tree until help arrived, which she did immediately.

At the hospital, Hinari was immediately examined by Tsunade and wanted to know everything she knew. Hinari couldn't give her much information. After all, she had been concentrating on Sasuke and not the four companions who were present. She only knew that they belonged to Orochimaru, nothing more. Even though it wasn't much information, Tsunade was relieved that she was unharmed.

For some reason, Tsunade didn't want anything to happen to the Uchiha. She liked the girl even though she had only just met Hinari. She was a nice girl who stood out from the other Uchiha. She had read her file a while ago. Hinari Uchiha, the little sister of Shisui Uchiha, who died young. The reason was not given. She had received her Sharingan when she was just a baby, through the mere feelings she could absorb with her chakra. She received her Mangekyou when she was about six years old, shortly before the massacre took place. Tsunade was amazed by this record. This girl had a lot of talent, even without eyesight.

Nevertheless, Tsunade wanted her to be able to see. Her abilities were excellent, which is why she could be a chunin. However, with her limitations, it was difficult to level her up. That's why the senju wanted to give her sight.

"Hinari! You're back!" Sakura called into the examination room, causing the Uchiha to get up quickly. She didn't know that she had been sitting here for hours and would now find out what had happened.

In the hallway, she could feel the oppressive mood coming from Shikamaru. Tsunade spoke to him and although he was failing, she encouraged him. He had brought everyone back to Konoha and that was the most important thing. "Shikamaru?"

The man addressed looked at Hinari, who looked at him gently. He carefully placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, we couldn't get him back." Hinari swallowed and closed her eyes for a moment. She could have guessed. She didn't blame them. "Thank you for trying." , she murmured and smiled slightly. "I'd like to talk to Naruto."

Shikamaru nodded understandingly. He was the last one who had seen Sasuke. Hinari needed to know what had happened to them. He could talk to her about the whole mission later.

Just as Sakura came out of the room, Hinari squeezed in and ignored the slightly hurt look on the Haruno's face. "What happened?" she wanted to know straight away and sat down on the chair. Naruto didn't even have time to exhale properly. First Sakura and now Hinari. However, he realized that Hinari wanted to know every detail. Naruto breathed out quietly and began to talk.

He told her about their conversation, about the fight and their feelings. Hinari had listened patiently and kept biting her lip. "He said that you shouldn't feel alone and that you should wait for him. He's doing it for you, too."

Her heart was racing. She didn't want Sasuke to do this for her. Hinari didn't want Itachi to die. "Thank you, Naruto." The Uchiha whispered and stood up. She was grateful that he had told her the truth and hadn't kept everything from her. Knowing that Sasuke was thinking of her made her happy.

"Hinari, I promise you that I'll get Sasuke back! Really now!"

Hinari looked at her friend with a smile. Naruto really was a kind soul. Why hadn't she talked to him before? Why were they only becoming friends now?