Chapter 69

Hinari had guarded the remains that Naruto had found like a treasure and brought them to her accommodation. It was impossible to imagine her friends without her happy face. Naruto had actually managed to make the Uchiha very happy, which was why Hinari was filled with new energy. As if nothing had happened, the Uchiha had immediately set to work again to rebuild Konoha. Many of the residents were already aware of Hinari's mood when she was happy. They liked her, not like many other Uchiha. Everyone had watched her for years as she walked around blindly but was always friendly. Many had been angry and disappointed when they had learned that the Uchiha clan was hiding this girl.

Nevertheless, some were skeptical about Hinari. They had never seen a blind kunoichi before, but they had quickly realized that she was not restricted. Hinari had managed every D and C mission they had been given without any problems. The fact that she could see now was very fortunate.

"You should take a break too." Shikamaru addressed his girlfriend, who looked at him with a smile. "I don't need one." , she said and was about to lift the next smaller wooden beams when he grinned slightly. "I got some onigiris." Hinari quickly let go of the wooden beams and beamed at her friend, who laughed slightly. "Come on, before the others have eaten everything."

Hinari happily sat down with her friends and took some onigiris on a plate. They looked at her with a grin as she bit into the rice balls with relish. Hinari realized that she hadn't eaten these rice balls for a long time and was glad that Shikamaru had brought them to her.

"Danzo became Hokage." Shikamaru spoke and Hinari looked up with her mouth full. "Wash?" Laughing slightly, Ino looked at her friend. She had never spoken with her mouth full before. Just as she gulped down the rice, she realized that her team was missing. "He got beat up today in front of some ninjas who are looking for Sasuke. Hinari, he's with Akatsuki and has captured the eight-tailed one." her friend reported. "What...what are you talking about?" she asked with widened eyes.

Shikamaru now told her friend what she had missed and watched her slowly get up. "I have to see them." she said when she was told that Naruto wanted to talk to the Raikage. "Hinari, that's not possible. Danzo has forbidden Naruto or you to leave the village. It's bad enough that Naruto is leaving."

Hinari swallowed. How could it have come to this? What had that masked man done to him? "Hinari, Naruto will be fine." said Lee, who hadn't wanted to get involved until now. He believed in Naruto, so he would also manage to persuade the Raikage.

But Hinari's thoughts were elsewhere. Danzo was Hokage!? Itachi and Shisui would never have wanted this. Someone had to stop him. Danzo was never allowed to rule over the village! "Hinari?" Hinata asked quietly. "I have to go." the Uchiha said and looked at her friends.

"What's going on?" asked Ino, looking at her friend. "I can't tell you, but Danzo must never be the Hokage!" "Hinari, calm down now. Nobody likes this decision, but there's nothing we can do about it." said her friend to calm her down a little. She didn't have a cool head right now. "You don't understand..." the Uchiha breathed. "What don't we understand?" TenTen pressed lightly, causing Hinari to swallow.

"Danzo he...he stole my brother's eye and is responsible for his death." the Uchiha said quietly. "Please what?!" Ino asked loudly. Shikamaru looked at his girlfriend worriedly. She hadn't told anyone about this. What did she know? "My brother's ability was to take control of a person, to influence them."

The nara's eyes widened. Did that mean that Danzo could influence a person if he wanted to!? "Hinari, what aren't you telling us?" he asked immediately, seeing himself struggling. "I...my clan...he wasn't killed by Itachi just like that." Hinari whispered and asked her friends not to say anything to anyone. She could no longer remain silent and had faith in them. "It was a coup attempt. The Uchiha clan would have started a war with Konoha if no one had interfered. To prevent this, Itachi-Nii took everything upon himself, killed everyone except Sasuke and me and acted as a spy for Akatsuki. Everything I ever heard and knew, I got from him."

The Uchiha's friends gulped. Could it really be that she had kept this inside her all these years? "Sasuke..." "No, he doesn't know anything about it. Itachi forbade it. He was sick, very sick." "So he had himself killed on purpose?" Shikamaru asked, causing Hinari to nod.

"That's not good at all." Lee muttered, thinking. "I have to go after Naruto and help him. I have to stop Danzo before it ends badly."

"I want to talk to you about that." , spoke Sakura, who was now coming towards them. She wanted to go after her friend with a group to get him to stop looking for Sasuke. Hinari saw this as her chance and was the first to accompany her. She could tell by the looks on their faces that her friends didn't like it. But if she did nothing, Konoha would not have a good future.