Chapter 28

"Where are we?" Hinari asked her best friend, who came to stand next to her. Before he could say anything, Anko started talking. "Welcome to the second test. You will spend five days in the forest of death!" Whispering could be heard until Anko continued. "This is about the scrolls, which you must obtain. Each team will receive either the Earth or the Sky Scroll! Once you have both, go to the middle of the forest, to the tower where you will complete the test!"

Many questions were asked, including one from Choji about what to eat, which made Hinari laugh a little. Five days was not really a problem for a ninja. When Anko had explained everything and distributed the forms, which she did not hold responsible for a death, the participants dispersed.

"Can you fill this out for me, please?" Hinari asked with a smile and held the paper out to Sasuke. While she was waiting, Konohamaru and his friends came to write a newspaper for the academy. They wanted to interview everyone. Hinari had answered every question as best she could without mentioning her blindness. Eventually, the whole village would find out anyway. Probably even in the chunin exam.

After about an hour, all the participants were ready and collected their scrolls. Team 7 also received them, with Sasuke keeping the scroll with him. It took a moment for the gates to open for the teams before they could start.

"I have to go..." said Naruto immediately afterwards. "Then go behind that bush." came from Sasuke, who was getting a picture of everything. "Hey Hinari, how are the chakras?" he asked the girl.

"You want me to waste my chakra looking for others?" she asked back. "If we're lucky, we'll have a team with the earth scroll." , he said curtly and saw Naruto rejoin them. "That was good." he grinned and was shot with a kunai shortly afterwards. "Sasuke!"

"That's not Naruto! His injury on his cheek is gone, and his kuna pocket is on the wrong side." Sasuke explained to the Haruno, who got into a fighting stance shortly afterwards. "You're clever." His opponent grinned and transformed back. The sign of Otogakure was depicted on his forehead.

It was no big deal for the three genin to defeat the ninja and they returned to Naruto shortly afterwards. "We need a code word so that we know whether we really are the right person." "But which one?" Sakura asked and heard a sentence that even Hinari couldn't remember.

Nah, thanks Sasuke, Hinari thought to herself and looked around. "Careful!" she called out before she was hit by a jutsu and separated from the others. "Hinari, are you alright?" asked Naruto, who was with her. "Yes, everything's fine..."

The two were separated from Sakura and Sasuke and attacked by a snake, which was summoned up. "Jutsu of a thousand shadow doubles!" Hinari, who did not want to stand idly by and wait, activated her Sharingan. "Jutsu of the flaming fireball!"

Together with Naruto, she attacked the snake again and again. It took a while before they finally defeated it and found themselves in the middle of nowhere. "And now what?" asked Naruto. Hinari deactivated her Sharingan, took Naruto's sleeve in her hand and ran off. "This way."

A few minutes later, the genin landed on a branch and saw Sasuke trying to give the scroll to his opponent, but was stopped by Naruto. "I've forgotten this code word, but I won't let you give up just like that!" he shouted at Sasuke, who looked at him with wide eyes. Yes, why did he want to give up? Him, Sasuke Uchiha?

As Orochimaru's large snake came closer, Naruto jumped between it and Sasuke. He looked at the Uchiha with a grin. "Nah, now you're the scaredy-cat." he said, referring to the mission with Tazuna. The reddish eyes were only seen by Orochimaru, who had to act quickly. It was not his plan for the Kyuubi to break out and so he slammed his palm against Naruto's stomach, who had tried to attack him.

Hinari could barely see where his opponent was and formed finger signs. "Jutsu of the phoenix flower!" she shouted and was able to hit more area. "Hinari watch out!" Sakura screamed hysterically as Orochimaru approached.

"Ahhh!!!", Sasuke cried out and sank to his knees. "Sasuke!" cried Sakura, trying to support him. "One day you will come to me voluntarily to get even more power, Sasuke Uchiha." Orochimari said before disappearing. "What...what's wrong?" asked Hinari. "Sasuke, he stood in front of you."

Tears flowed from her eyes as she realized the situation. What had Orochimaru done to him to make him cry out so loudly?