Chapter 72

Dejected, Hinari walked back to Konoha with her friends after waking up Sai, Kiba, Akamaru and Lee and went about her thoughts. She ignored the red-haired girl moaning on Kakashi's back as best she could. Sasuke didn't want to go back to Konoha, which disappointed Hinari quite a bit. But the fact that he postponed his hatred of Konoha relieved her somewhat. What she didn't really agree with was that Naruto wanted to take the hatred upon himself. Hinari actually knew that the Uzumaki couldn't be talked out of it, but what he had said scared her. They wouldn't survive a fight.

She didn't want it to come to that, but she also knew that she couldn't stop the stubborn ones. But what hurt her the most was that Sasuke believed this Madara Uchiha, as Naruto called him.

Hinari knew that name. He was the head of the Uchihas and had lost his entire family in the First World War. As far as she knew, the Uchiha clan had been sealed off back then. Was this a curse? Was it preordained that her clan would never be accepted? It made her angry that the clan was not trusted. There was already a lot of trouble back then, so Hinari could understand Madara. But she didn't understand that he wanted to start a war for peace.

Konoha was built up by him and the first Hokage, as far as she knew from the books. Why did Madara want to destroy a world? Kakashi had only briefly mentioned what Gaara had told him and would have to discuss this with the elders. Unfortunately, Hinari was also told that Sasuke had attacked the Kage. Hearing something like that hurt the Uchiha. She should have done something back then as a genin. Now it was long too late.

Towards the afternoon, the group arrived in Konoha. Karin, as the redhead was called, was immediately taken in by Ibiki and Kakashi was sent to the elders. Yamato exhaled heavily. He kept wondering how Kakashi could keep this team under control. Naruto was really difficult to tame. He was glad to be back in Konoha. But his gaze turned to a group that had come running with couches.

"What's going on?" Kiba asked what Yamato was about to ask. Just at that moment, Shikaku Nara, who had been with the elders earlier, came running up and also looked at the men being carried into the tents. "A few hours ago, some Anbu came and found these men in the forest. They belong to the Anbu-Ne." Yamato's eyes widened. What had happened to make them look like that?

Sakura looked at the Uchiha, who found the area more exciting and tried to distract herself. However, the Nara had noticed that Hinari wasn't really interested in these men. With a stern look, he looked at his son's girlfriend, who noticed this and turned her head towards him. "What?" "It was reported that there were screams after seeing fire and lightning." Shikaku explained. The eyes of those present turned to Hinari and only five knew that the Uchiha was responsible.

"That's all right. It was me, but please don't look at me like that." Hinari said after she could no longer bear the stern look. "What did you do?!" Sakura now asked. Hinari only wanted to stop her. "I put her in a genjutsu." The Uchiha muttered, ending the conversation by simply disappearing. "Hinari!" shouted Yamato, slightly annoyed, as he was still the team leader alongside Kakashi.

"Don't hold it against her. I'm sure she had a reason for it." Shikaku said, causing Yamato to exhale. It was true. Hinari never did anything rash. There had to be a reason. Shikaku was slightly worried about Hinari. Even though Danzo was dead now and she could let off steam with the Anbu-Ne, he wasn't sure how much longer she could suppress her anger. His son had told him what Itachi had done and was asked to keep it to himself. However, Shikamaru had only told him when it was said that Danzo was dead. After all, Shikaku was the Hokage's advisor and had to know. Nevertheless, he would keep this secret to himself until Hinari was ready to tell it himself.