Chapter 63

While Shikamaru had disappeared with Hidan, the others had plenty to do. Kakashi's clothes had shredded into several pieces. Only his mask remained in place. Hinari also looked battered. That Kakuzu was simply annoying! But when Naruto and Yamato arrived, they had new hope.

The Uzumaki had managed to complete his jutsu. With a grin, he had called it Rasenshuriken and managed to defeat Kakuzu. But this time Hinari could see the effect of this extension. The chakra began to go crazy, which was why she knew that Naruto was no longer allowed to use this jutsu. She herself was lucky, but if she hadn't been able to combine it with the Susanoo, she would have had the same problem as Naruto.

Exhausted, Ino sat on her knees. She and Choji had fought everything they could. Still, they were nowhere near the level of their friends. The blonde was glad that Hinari was with them. The Uchiha had often had to save her life when those black figures had attacked. Ino had had no jutsu for a counterattack. "Come on, Ino." grinned Hinari, who had held out her hand. The blonde smiled slightly, placed her hand in Hinari's and let herself be pulled up.

Yamato had supported Naruto, who had fallen over from exhaustion. Together, the group ran back to Konoha and soon passed the forest where Shikamaru must be. Just as Hinari looked around searching, the Nara ran out of the forest unharmed, closely followed by some deer kids. Hinari ran joyfully towards her friend to give him a big hug. "You made it!" she beamed and heard her friend laugh softly.

He broke away after giving Hinari a little kiss and looked at the others. "You all look worn out." "You can say that again Shikamaru! Those creatures were really hard to defeat!" Ino yelled loudly. "You're lucky your girlfriend can take a lot! Otherwise Choji and I would be history!" Hinari laughed softly. "You don't have to overdo it." Choji said in response.

In the back, some people were engrossed in conversation. Ino told her comrade how cool Naruto's jutsu looked. The latter just smiled slightly and scratched the back of his neck. He was pleased that Ino paid him such a compliment. However, Hinari looked at him thoughtfully. How would he react when Tsunade told him that he was no longer allowed to use Rasenshuriken? 

In Konoha, Kakuzu was immediately examined by Medinins, as was Naruto by Tsunade. Hinari stood next to the Senju to wait for her decision. Tsunade didn't have to wait long for the answer and realized that the same thing had happened to him as to Hinari. But on a larger scale. "Naruto, I forbid you to use this jutsu!"

Shocked at this prediction, Naruto stared at the woman. "But Grandma Tsunade..." "You're lucky your arm is still whole!" she yelled and finally exhaled. "Hinari's looked similar, only she wasn't as badly hit." "What does that mean?" the Uzumaki asked. "She can use the jutsu but only with her Susanoo. So she can avoid this injury, but you can't."

Naruto looked at his friend. That was why she had practiced with it. Disappointed, Naruto looked at his right arm. He had practiced so long and so much for nothing? Why had he gone to the trouble of expanding the fourth Hokage's jutsu if he wasn't allowed to use it?

"You'll find a way." Hinari smiled and looked at him. "You're Naruto Uzumaki, you don't just give up!" Naruto looked at the Uchiha with a grin. She was right, he would never give up! "You're right, thank you Hinari!"