Chapter 26

Kakashi Hatake had proposed his team for the genin exam and handed over the applications to his students. It was up to them whether they wanted to take part or not. For Hinari and Sasuke it was immediately clear that they would take part and the Uchiha had filled out both forms which they had to hand in.

Team 7, which had decided to take part, was now standing in front of the building. Sakura was a little apprehensive at first, but she wanted to get one step further with her team. So they walked up the stairs together and soon spotted several participants. "How annoying." Hinari heard quietly and had to smile a little. Shikamaru and his team were also here.

"Ahhh be my friend!" shouted a boy who ran up to Sakura and quickly rebuffed her. Rock Lee was his name and he had hardly any chakra. I wonder what he was doing here? "Well, Naruto's here too." Kiba grinned. No one would have thought that he would show up here.

Hinari hadn't noticed the conversation between Sasuke and a Hyuga. She was focused on analyzing the entire surroundings. Shikamaru had been watching the girl and saw that she was concentrating on something else. What was going on in her head?

"Uhm, Sasuke?" Hinari asked quietly, tugging at his top. "What's wrong?" he asked a little gruffly, not wanting it to sound like that. "We're in the wrong place." The girl was looked at questioningly from all sides. Shikamaru grinned slightly, knowing what she was getting at.

"What do you mean?" Lee asked the black-haired girl, who wasn't even looking at him properly. "It's a genjutsu. We're not on the third floor." Hinari informed her comrades. If everyone hadn't been concentrating on the participants, they would have noticed. "Not bad at all, that girl." laughed two shinobi, who released the jutsu and turned out to be Kotetsu and Izumo.

Thanks to Hinari, all the participants had at least made it to the third floor. If no one had been present, no one would have passed. Kakashi had wished his team good luck and finally left them to their fate. There was nothing more he could do for them from here on. Not even for Hinari, who would have the hardest time.

The participants waited in the meeting room until the exam finally began. She had ignored the fact that Hinari's team wanted some fresh air. So she didn't notice how Sasuke fought against Lee. "How are you actually going to take the exam?" Ino asked the Uchiha. "I don't know. Let's see what happens." She just smiled and analyzed the other participants in the meantime. "If everyone finds out that you're actually blind, you'll be an easy target." Shikamaru spoke softly.

"I have my team. And I'm not completely defenceless." Hinari smiled at the Nara, who was briefly flustered. She was still interesting to him and a mystery that he would solve one day. "Nah, finally, what took you so long?" Hinari suddenly asked, turning her eyes to her team. "We were delayed." Sakura apologized and stood by Hinari.

She accepted it with a nod and watched as some ninjas fought and one of them released a sound wave. Hinari had to cover her ears for a moment. "Everything all right?" Naruto asked the grey-haired man. "Yes, everything's fine." replied the ninja, who introduced himself as Kabuto. Through his conversation with him, some people realized that he knew about many things. So Sasuke also got information about Gaara and Lee.

It was interesting to know where her strengths and weaknesses were. Now Hinari also knew why she hardly recognized any chakra in Lee. He was a taijutsu specialist. He could neither Gen nor Ninjutsu.

But there was something that worried Hinari. If he already had a karate with the skills of everyone present, then he certainly had to know about her. She hoped that he had no information about her Sharingan.

Nobody was supposed to know. But she didn't know at that moment that Kabuto had no card of her at all. Despite a lot of research, neither Kabuto nor Orochimaru could find anything about her. The Hokage had done a really good job.

"So you snotty brats! I hope you're not about to give up!" shouted a voice that introduced itself as Ibiki Morino. Now it was time to tackle the first test.