Chapter 89

Breathing heavily, Shikamaru opened his eyes, sat up and looked around. Was this really all just a dream? "Shikamaru!" shouted Ino, who looked at him worriedly and checked him for injuries. "What... what happened?" he asked and was looked at by his companion. "I don't know, but I'm sure Sakura will be able to tell us soon. Naruto and Sasuke are in the Valley of the End right now."

"In the valley of the end? What are they doing there?" the Nara asked. "I don't know, but I guess they want to fight each other." Ino muttered and looked down at the ground. Shikamaru closed his eyes for a moment before they widened and he stood up. "Shikamaru you..." "Where's Hinari!"

The blond swallowed and pointed to Tsunade, who was with the Uchiha. His eyes focused on the two of them before he ran off. He had to know whether his dream had told the truth or a lie. "Tsunade!"

The person addressed raised her head as she continued to pour her chakra into Hinari. "Is she...?" "I don't know." "How do you not know?!" How could Tsunade not know if she was dead!?

"It seems to me that her spirit is still alive, but her body doesn't want to move. Something is holding her down." Tsunade spoke and continued to heal Hinari. "What do you mean?" the Nara asked, looking at the Senju. "When Team 7 won against Kaguya, my grandfather came to me with Hagoromo Ootsutsuki. They said that Hinari was making a decision that only she could make." Tsunade explained and looked at Shikamaru.

"Hagoromo talked to Hinari when she came to him. He gave her the chance to talk to people who are important to her. But he couldn't say exactly what was going on." Shikamaru slowly understood what was going on. He bit his lower lip firmly and took Hinari's hand in his. Was his dream not entirely a figment of his imagination after all?

"I guess Hinari isn't ready to return to us yet." Tsunade voiced her thoughts. "What do you mean?" "Hagoromo only gave her a certain amount of time to talk to the deceased, though I'm sure she chose Shisui and Itachi. But I don't know why it's taking her so long to return to her body. That's why I'm continuing to heal her so that her body can continue to be supplied with chakra."

Shikamaru swallowed. Why didn't Hinari just come back? What was she waiting for? He held his girlfriend's hand tighter. Maybe she could feel it.

"What do you know about the fight with Sasuke and Naruto?" the Nara asked, his brown eyes watching him. "I don't know, but as far as I know, Naruto promised that Sasuke could take his anger out on him. The moon isn't quite back to its old self yet. I think it's up to them to dissolve the genjutsu once and for all."

Shikamaru looked into the moon's eye, which was still slightly visible. Could it really be that the two of them could release the jutsu?

When an explosion was heard, the shinobi looked in the direction where the noise had come from. Smoke was rising, which was not a small amount. What was going on there?

The explosion was caused by two genin clashing their jutsus. Rasengan against Chidori. Although both ninjas were completely exhausted, they couldn't resist launching this final attack. It was just like the first time they had fought in this valley. When their jutsus clashed, they triggered a bright light that led to an explosion.

But just at that moment, the ninjas were thrown in the same direction and hit the ground. Tired, Sasuke and Naruto looked up into the sky, each having lost an arm. It was not as the two of them had thought. Neither of them died, but both were shrouded in darkness to relive the past.