Chapter 10

"Shisui what..." Itachi breathed when he saw his best friend standing on the cliff. His right eye was missing, its empty shell showing only blood. What had happened before this meeting?

"Danzo took my right eye," Shisui explained and raised his hand, which came close to his face. "I give you the task of protecting Konoha."

Itachi didn't understand what Shisui was trying to tell him and took a step closer. At that moment, Shisui took out his left eye and held it out to his friend. Blood flowed down from both eye sockets. There was a smile on his face, which he gave to Itachi. "Take my left eye. I know it's safe with you. If Danzo were to get both eyes, it would have fatal consequences."

"But..." "Itachi, please." Shisui asked, causing Itachi to close his eyes and use a crow to implant his eye. "Thank you." Shisui said, relieved, and put his head back on his neck.

"Who would have thought it would end like this for me?" "What are you talking about?" Itachi asked immediately. The Uchiha panicked. What was he planning?

"I can't do any more damage in Konoha. It's your job to keep the peace. To stop the clan from starting an uprising. You had the goal of bringing peace. To see the world without war. But I would no longer see and experience this world." Shisui spoke and smiled. "I put it in your hands, my friend."

Itachi had to pull himself together to keep from crying. There were too many emotions rushing at him. He didn't want to see this world without Shisui. They both wanted to achieve the same goal. He was his first friend, who had taught him so much. Shisui had given him tips, trained with him. Was there for him, shared his thoughts. All that was supposed to be for nothing?

"Listen, Itachi. I have a request for you." Shisui breathed as the gentle wind blew through his hair. "Please be there for Hinari. Protect her. Make her feel like she's not alone. She loves you like a second big brother. Please tell her why I did all this, why you do everything. That I'm proud of her. She will be the only one in the clan to understand. I don't want her to live in uncertainty. I don't want her to lose her way as a shinobi one day. I want Hinari to know what our goal was. Maybe one day she will be able to contribute to it as a very special kunoichi."

Tears flowed from Itachi's eyes. If he had to tell Hinari that, she would lose the ground under her feet. She only had Shisui from her family left. "Shisui please, she only has you." he asked his friend, who smiled a little.

"I know it hurts me to leave her. At least I was able to tell her today that I love her." His heart ached as he thought of how Hinari would react when she found out he was dead. But no matter how much he wanted to avoid it, there was no other way. "Can you please do me this favor?" he asked. He had to know that Itachi would accept his request. Otherwise he couldn't die peacefully.

"I'll do everything you've asked me to do. I'll protect Hinari, be like a brother to her. Tell her why it all happened. I promise you that Shisui." Itachi said, looking up into a peaceful smile.

Shisui was relieved and now stood even closer to the cliff. "I thank you, Itachi. For everything. You really are a true friend." Shisui smiled until he gathered all his courage and let himself fall backwards. The feeling of floating enveloped his whole body. Although he could no longer see anything, he knew that it would soon be over. "Hinari, my sunshine. Now I know at least a little of how you saw our world. I am proud of you, my little one."

The last thing he heard before it got even darker around him was his best friend crying out for him. "SHISUI!"