Chapter 31

"Hinari, that was amazing!" shouted Naruto as she approached her team. "Thank you." she smiled, feeling the eyes on her. Sasuke also congratulated her briefly before he was called up to fight. Unfortunately, Hinari couldn't see the following fights with her eyes, unless she activated her Sharingan, which she didn't want to do. She had already used up quite a bit of chakra during the fight and didn't want to risk breaking down.

"Where did you get the jutsu from?" Kakashi asked his student, who looked up at him and grinned. "I copied it in the Wave Realm when we fought Zabuza." she replied. The jonin could only shake his head and grinned. Hinari was a case of her own and could not be compared with other Uchiha. Nevertheless, he realized that she had learned a lot from her brother and Itachi. Her strategy in their fight was admirable. Something like that could have been from Itachi.

"The Sharingan, then." A voice Hinari didn't recognize spoke and looked up. She saw a shadow shoot close to her face and a sparkle appear. "Guy..." Kakashi rebuked softly, causing Hinari to tilt her head slightly. With her small vision, she recognized the same green suit Lee had. His thumb was stretched up and his teeth gleamed in the light. So that was the sparkle and the shadow.

"You're really blind?" asked a girl who must have come from his team. She had seen her chakra in the forest before. "Well, almost. I can see light things, as well as now when my head is slightly tilted. However, I can see everything clearly with the Sharingan." Hinari explained. She would not reveal any more about this. After all, she didn't know what was yet to come. "That's interesting..." this Guy mumbled and rubbed his chin.

Shikamaru watched Ganz and noticed how his sensei looked at him. "Since when have you been interested in such things?" Shikamaru looked up at him questioningly. "I don't know, I was already interested in it at the academy." he said, making his sensei smile a little. "Since the academy, then." A little annoyed, Shikamaru snorted and turned away, which made his sensei laugh a little. "Sensei Asuma can be really annoying..."

Asuma glanced briefly at the Uchiha, who was now focused on Sasuke's fight. He had known Shikamaru for a while now and could understand what was interesting about her. She was a puzzle that he wanted to solve. A kunoichi who was blind and could see with the Sharingan. Even for him, she was a puzzle that could not be solved with a Shogi game. It must have taken a lot of training for her to get this far without the Sharingan.

Her head turned in his direction, leaving Asuma a little puzzled. Did she realize that he was looking at her? A small smile formed on her lips, causing Asuma to automatically lift the corners of his mouth. Now he could understand Shikamaru even more. Maybe it wasn't just his interest to find out all her secrets. Maybe he liked the Uchiha more than he wanted to admit. His IQ was higher than anyone he knew. Even his father had less.

Shikamaru realized that Asuma was in thought. Was he thinking about him? Or even about Hinari? His gaze slid back to the Uchiha, who was worried about Sasuke. He had just had his chakra sucked out and had to free himself somehow before he collapsed. He had noticed in the forest that something was wrong with him. The aura surrounding him was dark and cold. He would have loved to kill those ninjas.

Was Hinari still worried about that? His eyes looked at the Uchiha, who briefly showed a black mark, but was able to suppress it. All at once, he lashed out with his leg and crashed his opponent to the ground. This technique was copied after all.

Hinari breathed a sigh of relief when Sasuke had won the fight. However, Kakashi now had to do something about the curse before it could break out completely.