Chapter 22

When they arrived at Tazuna's house, they were warmly welcomed by his daughter. She had immediately prepared a room for Kakashi so that he could rest. It was obvious that he had hardly any strength left. She also thanked the ninjas for helping her father.

The next morning, when Kakashi woke up again, he told her about his suspicions about Zabuza. Just like Hinari, he knew that an Anbu would kill his victim on the spot. "You mean Zabuza is still alive?" Naruto asked. "Yes, I think so." "Then we have to do something." came from Hinari.

"You're going to die either way." came from a child, the grandson of Tazuna. "Don't talk nonsense like that!" Naruto said immediately. He didn't care what the little boy said. His team would defeat Zabuza.

"But how are we going to do that?" asked Sakura. They wouldn't stand a chance against a nukenin, especially not if Kakashi was injured. "Until I'm fit again, I'll train you." Kakashi could barely move, but he could still train his students. And that's exactly what happened. When the sun had already reached the center of the sky, Team 7 was in the forest, which was not far away.

"You're going to learn something about chakra today." Kakashi explained to his team. "We had that in school." Naruto grumbled. "Yes, you learn the basic theory of chakra. But using it properly is another matter." The jonin let Sakura explain everything, as it was also an exercise for her to memorize everything. With Hinari, he was sure that this was nothing new for her.

"Your task is to control your chakra enough to walk up the tree." "Ha, that's easy!" Naruto laughed. "Without using your hands." Kakashi finally finished. "Hey, that's not possible." Naruto said and crossed his arms.

He looked at his students, slightly amused, while Hinari's thoughts were elsewhere. "Hinari?" "Huh?" "I think you can already do it, don't you?" Kakashi asked the Uchiha, who simply nodded. She didn't know what she could do. She hadn't listened when Sakura had told her all about chakra.

The Uchiha stood up. "What do I have to do again?" she asked, slightly ashamed. "Run up the tree." Hinari nodded briefly and ran towards the tree in front of her. Her chakra automatically gathered in her feet, which now stepped onto the tree trunk.

 Hinari kept running upwards until she stopped in the middle. "All the way up or is it enough?" she asked. "That's enough." Kakashi said and so the Uchiha jumped down again. "Wooow! And you can do that?" asked Naruto and stood up. He really wanted to be able to do that too. So he ran towards the tree, ran up and fell down again after two steps. Why didn't it work?

Sasuke also tried his luck and got a little further than Naruto. But he also crashed to the ground again. Only Sakura, who was laughing on a branch and sticking her tongue out, had made it on her first attempt. So she had the best chakra control next to Hinari. The team knew that Hinari could already do it.

So that the girls wouldn't get bored, Kakashi released the two of them and sent them to Tazuna. Hinari didn't quite know whether she should go with them and looked at Sasuke, who nodded to her.

Somewhat reassured, Hinari ran after the Haruno. When she thought about it, they had never been alone before. Inwardly, the Uchoha hoped that Sakura wouldn't bombard her with questions about Sasuke. "I envy you." she suddenly heard. "Envy you? Me? Why?"

 An exhalation could be heard from the pink-haired woman. "You can do pretty much anything despite your blindness. And me? I haven't been able to do anything yet." Sakura mentioned the first and second fight of the mission. It was true, she hadn't done anything great so far. "You were with Tazuna." Hinari finally said. "You were always with him to protect him. After all, that's our mission."

Sakura looked to her right. She had never thought of it that way. "Still..." she murmured softly and walked towards the bridge. "You know, Sakura. Maybe you should think about what your strength is. Maybe you can't do big jutsus, but you can do something else with your chakra."

Sakura looked questioningly at her comrade. What did she mean by that? Hinari looked at the pink-haired girl with a smile. She had better figure out for herself that the medical jutsus could certainly suit her. But that was up to Sakura to decide and wait for her answer. Even though Hinari was her teammate, she didn't want to reveal everything. Sakura would have to find her own way.