Chapter 98

Hinari had grabbed a crow that same day and sent it to Sasuke. Hinari did not know whether it reached him. Because nobody knew exactly where Sasuke was.

Since her friends knew about the engagement, there had been a lot of talk and planning. Hinari had been quite overwhelmed when Ino had bombarded her with flowers. Sakura was the person who took a calmer approach and had made her some suggestions. "Don't be angry with me, but there's still time. We don't even know when we want to get married." "You can't start soon enough." Ino smiled.

Hinari breathed out softly. She hadn't thought it would be so exhausting and drank some of her tea, which Sakura had kindly prepared. When she thought about it, Hinari was no good as a housewife.

She could cook a few things and clean the apartment, but that was enough. "What are you thinking so hard about?" Sakura asked and the Uchiha looked at her. "I guess if I ever have children, I won't be good for anything..." "What makes you think that?" Ino asked. "Nah, think about it. I was blind for about 14 years and still can't get anything right. I messed up our first tea."

Sakura laughed softly. "Don't worry about that. You'll learn everything when the time comes. And I think Shikamaru can do something too." "That's true. Even if he's lazy, he can do things that even you don't know about." Ino grinned, making Hinari look a little relieved. If the two of them saw it that way, she wouldn't worry about it again until later. "Tell me, have you heard from Sasuke?"

Hinari looked at the pink-haired girl and shook her head. "No, but I hope the crow has reached him. After all, I want him to come to the wedding." The Uchiha was looked at gently. The friends knew that it was important to her that Sasuke was there. He was her family. "I'm sure he'll come." Sakura smiled. "And if he didn't, Naruto would just go find him and get him." Ino said, which made Hinari laugh. "You could be right."

While the friends continued to talk, Sasuke paused and looked up at the sky, which was slowly turning red. The color reminded him of Hinari, who had such a color in her Susanoo. He missed her and even if he didn't want to admit it, he also missed the others. So far, we had been traveling for a long time and had had something to do with Orochimaru again. The attack that came from the moon was a long time ago, when he stopped a chunk of rock from falling on Konoha.

But as quickly as he had appeared, he had disappeared again. He breathed out quietly and wanted to take a bite of bread to satisfy his hunger. But just at that moment, a crow landed on his knee, which he had bent. He opened his eyes for a brief moment. "Itachi..."

A crow interrupted his train of thought and his eyes turned to the paper that was tied around his leg. He gently took the paper and raised his eyebrow in confusion. Sai always sent one of his drawn birds to deliver a message. Why not now? Had something happened? Slowly, Sasuke opened the paper and widened his eyes again when he recognized the writing.

"Hello Sasuke, 
I hope the crow reaches you. Since no one knows where you are, I guess I'll have to rely on the bird, just like Itachi-Nii always did. No matter where you are now, I hope you are well. I'm still waiting to make onigiris with you. But that's not the point now. Not too long ago, if the bird doesn't take months now, Shikamaru asked me to marry him. It's a funny story, which I'll tell you sometime. Anyway, I said yes. Why don't I tell you in person? Well, because I have no idea how long you'll be away and Sakura and Ino will talk me into it. In short, it's already being planned. Since you're part of my family, you have to be there, of course. So, please get in touch with me.
Your Hinari."

Sasuke began to smile and cry for joy. Hinari was really getting married? He quickly wiped the tears from his cheeks and turned the paper over. With some blood he got from a cut, he wrote her a simple reply. "Full moon"

Hinari would know what that meant. He would come back on the full moon when the battle for Kaguya had begun. Even though it was a bad day for many, he wanted Hinari to make it a good day.

He gently tied the note back around the crow's leg, which flew away immediately. His eyes turned to the bird, which disappeared into the sunset. "I'll see you again soon, Hinari."