Chapter 64

Just as Hinari was about to go to Grandma Tsunade to ask about Sasuke, she heard several voices in her office. "So Sasuke killed Orochimaru." the Uchiha heard and widened her eyes. What had she just said? Did that mean Sasuke was coming back? "Jiraiya is in Amegakure right now, if he finds out that Orochimaru is dead, he certainly wouldn't be happy. After all, they were friends."

Hinari's breathing quickened. Sasuke had to have a reason to kill the Sannin. She slowly realized what his goal was now. "Itachi..." Without thinking any further, Hinari ran out of the Hokage tower straight to her apartment. She took her backpack out of the closet and filled it with several kunais, shuriken and letter bombs. No matter where Sasuke was now, she might have to prepare for a fight.

"Shadow doppelganger jutsu." she said, looking directly into her counterpart. "You stay here and act normal. No one can know I've left the village." Her shadow doppelganger nodded, causing Hinari to smile and disappear out the window. Her legs automatically carried her through the Uchiha district where she would not be expected. And it was exactly in this neighborhood that she could leave Konoha without any problems.

As soon as she entered the whale, the Uchiha ran off. She didn't know how long it would take her to get to this place. Hinari only knew that it was the place where only the Uchihas were allowed to be. A place Itachi had chosen a long time ago. The hiding place of the Uchiha.

It wasn't long before Tsunade gathered a few teams together. In addition to Team 7, Team 8 was also present. Their task was to find Sasuke and bring him back to the village. No one knew what he would do now. However, Tsunade was suspicious, which did not go unnoticed.

A few hours ago, she had noticed a chakra outside the door, which had quickly disappeared again. Her eyes narrowed. "Hinari!" "Yes?" she asked, looking into her brown eyes. Without hesitation, Tsunade shot a pen at the Uchiha. "Grandma Tsunade!" shouted Naruto, only to see Hinari disintegrate.

Furious, Tsunade punched the table. "Hinari!" she yelled and looked at the teams, who were staring at the spot where their shadow doppelganger had been standing. Why hadn't they noticed anything? "She must have realized what happened and has long since left the village! Find her!" Tsunade ordered before the teams nodded and set off.

"Why is she doing this?" asked Kiba, who went ahead with Akamaru to pick up the scent. "She wants to get Sasuke back. No one can blame her for that." Kakashi spoke calmly. She was just like Naruto in this matter. "We'll find her." Naruto grinned. He trusted Hinari. He knew that she would do anything for Sasuke, just like he would.

Breathing heavily, Hinari stopped. She had been walking for hours without taking a break. But it was worth it when she saw the Uchiha hideout in front of her. Night had already fallen and Hinari's body was trembling slightly. She had really used up too much energy.

"You shouldn't be here." spoke a voice that made Hinari jump. "Itachi-Nii..." she breathed before hugging him. "Please, you have to tell him the truth." the young woman begged. "I can't do that." Itachi said and broke away from the Uchiha. Sasuke was not allowed to know the truth yet.

Itachi looked gently at Hinari and held out a weapon to her, which she slowly took. "This is..." "Shisui's katana." Itachi interrupted. Tears flowed from her eyes as she held the weapon in her hands. Since his death, she had never seen his kanata again. "He wanted you to have it when you were old enough."

Hinari bit her lip before she felt strong arms around her. Crying, Hinari clutched her Akatsuki coat while one hand gripped the katana tightly. Shisui had prepared himself well before his death and had made provisions for Hinari. That made the Uchiha happy.

Itachi detached himself from the Uchiha and couldn't resist putting his hand on her head and tousling her hair. Hinari laughed through her tears while her eyes closed automatically. The corners of his mouth lifted. "You are and always will be a little ray of sunshine."

Hinari's eyes widened slightly before she had to smile. But no matter how hard Itachi tried to change her mind, she knew that it would be over with him. "I don't want to lose you too," she said. "You're my Itachi-Nii, after all. A brother who I love more than anything." It tore his heart apart to see her like this. He also loved Hinari like a little sister.

"Shisui asked me to look after you. My crows have always watched over you." , the Uchiha spoke as he made a crow appear. He had deactivated his Sharingan so that Shisui's Sharingan would not be activated. He had trained the eye to react when it looked into his. "That's Shisui's Sharingan, isn't it?"

"I want you to have it. Keep it until the time has come to use it on Sasuke." Itachi said. But Hinari shook her head. She didn't want the eye. Not under these circumstances.

"But Hinari..." "Danzo has his eye on me. If he finds out I've been in contact with you all this time, he'll know you gave with Shisui's eye. I can't accept the crow." Itachi looked at the Uchiha. He should have known that Danzo was still in the way. "Give the crow to Naruto." Hinari asked and smiled. Itachi lifted the corners of his mouth. So she trusted the Uzumaki, he as Sasuke's best friend. He would accept this request and looked at Hinari.

"I have to go. Sasuke will be here soon. Akatsuki has also heard for some time. But I want to give you a present before I leave." Hinari looked at Itachi questioningly before she felt his fingers on her forehead and her Sharingan activated briefly. Itachi's chakra flowed into it before disappearing again. "It will support you with your Susanoo. The rest will go to Sasuke."

Tears flowed from her eyes again. So it was time to say goodbye to him. Once again she put her arms around his body. "I...I," she began. "I love you too, Hinari. Please take care of yourself." Itachi said before he kissed her on the head and disappeared into the forest. Slowly, Hinari sank to her knees. "I love you too...Itachi-Nii."