Chapter 27

After the participants had taken their slips of paper for their seats, it was difficult for Hinari to find her place. She walked along the rows next to Sasuke and heard him say a quiet 34. It didn't do her much good, but when he said the person sitting next to her on the 35 she knew exactly where to go. Without letting anything show, she sat down next to the shinobi from Sunagakure. His gaze slid slightly next to her and wondered how she could pass an exam blindly.

Ibiki Morino looked into the children's faces and explained the first exam. It was written and no one should dare to copy anywhere. The jonin on the sides would watch every single one. If someone copied and was caught three times, the exam was over for them and their team. Hinari realized that she had a problem, just like Naruto.

He could see, but he was always the worst at written things. Even if Sakura and Sasuke got high scores, it wouldn't do any good. No matter how much Hinari thought, they couldn't get the score. "Even if you're in a team of three, with one special exception, it all depends on your comrades." Ibiki finished and started the test.

Several noises were heard, which threw Hinari completely off balance. She couldn't even copy anywhere with her small sight. The distance was not enough for that. Hinari gently bit her lip and tried to reach something with her chakra. However, there were so many vibrations involved that it confused her even more. "Think Hinari!"

Her eyes closed to contain the noise somewhat. The jonin who was keeping a close eye on her watched the girl. What would she do? Did the girl get the idea of using a jutsu to copy? Did she realize that it was about gathering information?

Hinari put her head in her hands and leaned her elbows on the table. She had to have a way to take this exam. She didn't even know what the tasks were. Even as Hinari was completely desperate, one last idea came to her. A suspicion that probably put her team in danger. However, there was no other way to score points. Hinari had to write off!

With her hands covering her face either way, she finally activated her Sharingan. The tasks on the paper became clearer and she quickly realized that these tasks could never be solved by a genin.

Her eyes focused on the people in front of her. Hinari copied the movements of the ninja in front of her and wrote what he had written on her piece of paper. She noticed that he solved the tasks quite quickly. This was probably not a genin, and if he was, he was a pretty clever one. However, Hinari doubted that he was as clever as Shikamaru. She had never known anyone as clever as him.

Just as Ibiki was saying the last few minutes, the other participants had slowly realized that they had to write off. Again and again, Akamaru could be heard barking or jutsus being activated. The only one who didn't realize anything was Naruto.

"The tenth question." Ibiki began to speak and looked at the genin. "If you had the choice to quit, would you do it to become a chunin? If you keep going, you'll never have the chance again." he continued, leaving everyone confused.

What kind of question was that? Why should they get points and then fail anyway? However, there were many genin who were now intimidated, stood up and gave up. Ibiki had really scared them. Hinari sensed the participants' insecurities. Would they really all give up?

"Don't talk nonsense! I don't care if I pass or fail! But I'll tell you one thing, I'll become Hokage that way too!" Naruto shouted after slamming his hand on the table. There was that moment again when Hinari admired him for it. He always said exactly what was important. His goal, his dream. The Uzumaki would never give up. With words like that, Iruka had decided that Hinari could be a genin. And it was precisely with his words that he had managed to ensure that no one stood up.

Ibiki looked at the last participants with a grin. "Congratulations, you've passed." "What does that mean?" asked the girl from Suna. "The tenth question never existed. The other questions weren't important either. It was just about getting information, because information is the most important thing on a mission," Ibiki explained.

Many of the participants were furious about his test. Hinari, however, smiled. Somehow, she could laugh about it. Ibiki had had a very good idea to test the genin. Never before had there been a mission that involved information. Somehow she was pleased that she had mastered the test with her thoughts.

A bang interrupted her thoughts and she felt a new chakra. "You're too early." "And you were too lenient." , a woman replied. "I'm Anko Mitarashi, I'm your second examiner!"

Hinari didn't even see how happy she was about it, but she heard it in her voice. Ibiki had therefore finished his exam and all the participants left the room.

Ibiki walked along the rows and collected the slips of paper to look at them briefly. He lingered on one in particular and laughed. "This brat actually didn't solve a single task and still passed." This Naruto Uzumaki was the one who had convinced him to let them all continue.

"So, how was Hinari Uchiha?" he asked the jonin in charge of her. "I guess she solved it with the Sharingan." "The Sharingan, then..." Ibiki muttered. This girl really was a mystery.