Chapter 53

Meanwhile, Team 7 approached Orochimaru's hiding place. Thanks to Yamato's wooden doppelganger, it was no problem to follow Sai for a long time. In front of the hiding place, the jonin addressed his team and gave each of them a core. This core would help him to find them if they had to split up. Sakura and Hinari had no problem swallowing it, but Naruto didn't really agree, but did so anyway.

As quietly as they could, they broke through a stone wall to get into the hiding place. Because Sai also had a core inside him, Team 7 didn't have to search long to find him. They arrested him in his room and brought him out of hiding again. His gaze was somewhat cool and yet he didn't quite know what to make of this team.

"What's your mission?" Yamato asked and got no answer. Why should he tell him what Danzo wanted? "I know you were sent to our team by Danzo. What is he planning with Orochimaru?" "I can't say." Sai said and Yamato immediately understood what he meant. Even if he wanted to say something, he couldn't. Danzo had certainly taken precautions.

Hinari looked around while Naruto also spoke to Sai. Once again, Naruto tried to explain to the black-haired man why he wanted to save Sasuke and bring him back. He could understand Sasuke, the feelings he had when his family died. Sasuke also knew Naruto's feelings, as he had never had a family. Just like Hinari, the Uchiha had been through so much, only he had taken the wrong path. And Naruto didn't want to give up on his best friend and lead him back on the right path.

Feelings were complicated, no matter in what respect. But everyone had them, even if they didn't want to admit it. And Sai had forgotten this when he had listened to Naruto. He used to have them too, but he especially cared about a person who was like a brother to him. His eyes turned to Naruto. "All right, I'll help you and I want to know what this feeling is. I want to know what this word friendship means."

Surprised, Hinari looked at Sai. As she looked around, she had only listened with one ear. Naruto had actually managed to change his mind? What kind of talent did he have? First Gaara, Grandma Chiyo, then Sai, who else would join them?

It wasn't long before they had made a plan with Yamato. Together they would go into hiding again, ignoring Kabuto, who had recently appeared. But no matter what he said, it wouldn't stop the team from looking for Sasuke.

A short time later, the team had split up. While Yamato would go alone, he had the girls and the boys search in pairs. Hinari had no objections. Even though Sai had made up his mind and was now helping them, she didn't really like him yet. However, she was sure that Naruto would manage.

"Do you think we'll find him?" Sakura asked as she walked along the corridors. "I hope so..." Hinari murmured. She really hoped to find him. "What if he's changed?" Hinari looked at her best friend. Although she knew Sasuke best, Sakura might be right. He had been with Orochimaru for almost three years. Something must have changed in him during that time. However, he certainly hadn't lost sight of his goal.

"If he has changed, then we are here to support him and bring him back." Hinari smiled. No matter how much hate there was in Sasuke. Hinari was confident that he would come back to her. "Vote, we'll manage." Sakura said happily. If Hinari was that confident, then she would be too. Naruto would never give up on the Uchiha either.

A noise made the young women stop. Their eyes widened and at the same time they ran in the direction where the noise was coming from. In the middle of a corridor was a large hole that formed an exit. The pink-haired girl ran through it and saw Sai standing in the middle of the crater. "Sai!" she shouted loudly and was interrupted by a voice she hadn't heard for a long time. "Hello Sakura."

Her gaze slid up to the sun and recognized a person who was now covering it. "Sasuke..."